Posted to dev@beam.apache.org by Brian Hulette <bh...@google.com> on 2022/06/29 00:58:37 UTC

Minor(?) regression in Python 2.40.0

Hi everyone,

We just detected what looks like a minor regression in Python which made it
into the 2.40.0 release. I wrote up the details in an issue [1].

tl;dr: Expanding a beam.FlatMap constructed with a built-in function (e.g.
sum) will raise an error.

I think the blast radius on this is actually quite small. It's hard to
devise a use-case where a FlatMap constructed with a built-in function
would work anyway, since the function must return an iterable. So I'm
planning to just document the known issue and send a fix to master. If
anyone disagrees with this assessment please let me know.

Thanks,
Brian

[1] https://github.com/apache/beam/issues/22091

Re: Minor(?) regression in Python 2.40.0

Posted by Ahmet Altay <al...@google.com>.
Thank you!

Posted by Brian Hulette <bh...@google.com>.

Posted by Ahmet Altay <al...@google.com>.