Posted to user@forrest.apache.org by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org> on 2004/11/03 18:56:33 UTC

Howto failure (was Re: howto-v20.dtd validation failure)

David Crossley wrote:
> Vincent Bray wrote:
>
>>Vincent Bray wrote:

<snip/>

>>I just noticed the running forrest on itself results in empty documents
>>in the How-To section of the site, so perhaps this area is temporarily
>>wonky.
>>Is there perhaps a svn revision number I could back-date to for now?
>

> Yes, i noticed that too. It is happening since
> the plugins merge i think. Unless someone else
> can fix this quickly, would you please add an
> entry to the Forrest Issue Tracker.

I've looked into this and can confirm it is a problem caused by the
plugins. behaviour, specifically the simplified-docbook plugin. If you
are not using this plugin you can workaround the problem by making your
project not use the simplified-docbook plugin see
http://forrest.apache.org/docs/plugins.html#How+is+a+Plugin+Installed%3F
(you will need to add this project.required.plugins property to your
forrest.properties file and *not* include simplified-docbook

If you are using docbook then you should revert to the 0.6 release until
this bug is fixed see http://issues.cocoondev.org/browse/FOR-348

Ross

Re: Howto failure (was Re: howto-v20.dtd validation failure)

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.
Vincent Bray wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-11-03 at 17:56, Ross Gardler wrote:
> [snip]
>
>>I've looked into this and can confirm it is a problem caused by the
>>plugins. behaviour, specifically the simplified-docbook plugin. If you
>>are not using this plugin you can workaround the problem by making your
>>project not use the simplified-docbook plugin see
>>http://forrest.apache.org/docs/plugins.html#How+is+a+Plugin+Installed%3F
>>(you will need to add this project.required.plugins property to your
>>forrest.properties file and *not* include simplified-docbook
>

> I'll try that as soon as I can, but now I've svn up'd forrest to r56600,
> I can't get that far.
>
> Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError:
> org/apache/forrest/log/ForrestLogTargetFactory (Unsupported major.minor
> version 49.0)

Try doing a clean build, if you still have problems make another enquiry
under a different subject, I don't think this is related.

>>If you are using docbook then you should revert to the 0.6 release until
>>this bug is fixed see http://issues.cocoondev.org/browse/FOR-348
>

> I'm not using docbook, so I'll continue to try and use HEAD.
> Thanks all once again for your splendid responses.

The bug is fixed in SVN now, so you shouldn't have a problem.

Posted by Vincent Bray <v....@cobwebinfo.com>.
On Wed, 2004-11-03 at 17:56, Ross Gardler wrote:
[snip]
> I've looked into this and can confirm it is a problem caused by the
> plugins. behaviour, specifically the simplified-docbook plugin. If you
> are not using this plugin you can workaround the problem by making your
> project not use the simplified-docbook plugin see
> http://forrest.apache.org/docs/plugins.html#How+is+a+Plugin+Installed%3F
> (you will need to add this project.required.plugins property to your
> forrest.properties file and *not* include simplified-docbook

I'll try that as soon as I can, but now I've svn up'd forrest to r56600,
I can't get that far.

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError:
org/apache/forrest/log/ForrestLogTargetFactory (Unsupported major.minor
version 49.0)

> If you are using docbook then you should revert to the 0.6 release until
> this bug is fixed see http://issues.cocoondev.org/browse/FOR-348

I'm not using docbook, so I'll continue to try and use HEAD.
Thanks all once again for your splendid responses.

noodl