Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Vinod Kumar Jammula <vi...@ericsson.com> on 2016/11/21 05:05:30 UTC

Region Size

Hi,

I am using Hbase version 1.1.2. What is the default region size

In Hbase book:
hbase.hregion.max.filesize
Description
Maximum HFile size. If the sum of the sizes of a region's HFiles has grown to exceed this value, the region is split in two.
10737418240

In HBase API documentation the region size is mentioned as 256MB
http://javadox.com/org.apache.hbase/hbase-client/1.1.2/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/HTableDescriptor.html#setMaxFileSize(long)

What is the default value max region size

Thanks,
Vinod

Re: Region Size

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
Looking at hbase-common/src/main/resources/hbase-default.xml :

  <property>
    <name>hbase.hregion.max.filesize</name>
    <value>10737418240</value>

FYI