Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Colm MacCarthaigh <co...@stdlib.net> on 2005/08/30 14:01:40 UTC

Re: Status of 2.1.7g

On Mon, Aug 29, 2005 at 09:58:12PM -0700, Paul Querna wrote:
> We did find several non-showstopper issues with this tag.  If anyone has
> a few spare minutes, it would be good to start back porting these from
> trunk to the 2.2.x branch.

http://people.apache.org/~colm/2.1.7-non-showstoppers.patch

Fixes;
	* mod_setenvif orphaned documentation
	* server/listen.c so that it works on AIX
	* build/rpm/httpd.spec.in to work
	* support/htcacheclean.c to work

Doesn't fix the PCRE build problem though, couldn't find a clear
decision on whether bundling a newer PCRE or patching was preferred.

Re: Status of 2.1.7g

Posted by r....@t-online.de.

Joe Orton wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 30, 2005 at 01:01:40PM +0100, Colm MacCarthaigh wrote:
>
>>On Mon, Aug 29, 2005 at 09:58:12PM -0700, Paul Querna wrote:
>>
>>>We did find several non-showstopper issues with this tag.  If anyone has
>>>a few spare minutes, it would be good to start back porting these from
>>>trunk to the 2.2.x branch.
>

> dare I wonder... CTR or RTC?
>

>From my point of view RTC. I had a short discussion with Justin during offline mails
on this and he also said RTC.

Regards

Rüdiger

Re: Status of 2.1.7g

Posted by Colm MacCarthaigh <co...@stdlib.net>.
On Tue, Aug 30, 2005 at 02:47:05PM -0700, Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
> --On August 30, 2005 8:54:57 AM -0400 Jeff Trawick <tr...@gmail.com>

> >>+1 on all that for the 2.2.x branch in any case.
> >
> >+1 here as well
>
> +1 too on that set of changes.  I think we hit RTC once the branch opens
> towards GA - which'll happen once we issue a release from it.  -- justin

Just a note if anyone applies the patch; the patch is against 2.1.7, the
RPM spec change has already been applied to 2.2.x, so expect that to
fail.

Oh and use the latest roll.sh, to fix that annoying xml silliness, if
rolling a tarball :)

Re: Status of 2.1.7g

Posted by Justin Erenkrantz <ju...@erenkrantz.com>.

Re: Status of 2.1.7g

Posted by Jeff Trawick <tr...@gmail.com>.

Re: Status of 2.1.7g

Posted by Joe Orton <jo...@redhat.com>.
On Tue, Aug 30, 2005 at 01:01:40PM +0100, Colm MacCarthaigh wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 29, 2005 at 09:58:12PM -0700, Paul Querna wrote:
> > We did find several non-showstopper issues with this tag.  If anyone has
> > a few spare minutes, it would be good to start back porting these from
> > trunk to the 2.2.x branch.

dare I wonder... CTR or RTC?

> http://people.apache.org/~colm/2.1.7-non-showstoppers.patch

+1 on all that for the 2.2.x branch in any case.

> Fixes;
> 	* mod_setenvif orphaned documentation
> 	* server/listen.c so that it works on AIX
> 	* build/rpm/httpd.spec.in to work
> 	* support/htcacheclean.c to work
>
> Doesn't fix the PCRE build problem though, couldn't find a clear
> decision on whether bundling a newer PCRE or patching was preferred.

The PCRE -DDEBUG thing is very obscure, it's not worth patching.  It can
just wait until someone gets a round tuit and upgrades to a newer pcre
release since Sander says it's fixed upstream now.

joe