Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Peter Sparkes <pe...@didm.co.uk> on 2002/07/03 11:04:22 UTC

Different fo:flow for alterate pages

Hi

I am using <fo:repeatable-page-master-alternatives> and flowing data onto
left and right hand pages and that works fine.

The data on the left and right hand pages come from a large set of xml files
which have identical DTDs but different instances. I am using xslt to
generate the flow objects, a combination of fo:table(s) and fo:block(s). I
want to make the fo:table and fo:block formatting on the right hand page a
mirror image of the left hand page.

Please, is there anyway to do this i.e. by having a separate <fo:flow
flow-name="xsl-region-body" > for the left and right hand pages.

Peter

Re: Different fo:flow for alterate pages

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.
Peter Sparkes wrote:
> Please, is there anyway to do this i.e. by having a separate <fo:flow
> flow-name="xsl-region-body" > for the left and right hand pages.

If you mean the content of a file A goes onto odd
pages and of another file B goes onto even pages:
the XSLFO spec does not provide a possiblity for this.
If the source files have a page structure, you can
prepare the pages at the XSLT level. Otherwise, I'd
make two consecutive flows and use some postprocessing,
for example with iText, to reshuffle the pages and get
correct the page numbers.

J.Pietschmann

RE: Different fo:flow for alterate pages

Posted by Peter Sparkes <pe...@didm.co.uk>.
Thanks for the help. I am going to try it at the XSLT level.

Peter

> I am using <fo:repeatable-page-master-alternatives> and flowing data onto
> left and right hand pages and that works fine.
>
> The data on the left and right hand pages come from a large set of xml
files
> which have identical DTDs but different instances. I am using xslt to
> generate the flow objects, a combination of fo:table(s) and fo:block(s). I
> want to make the fo:table and fo:block formatting on the right hand page a
> mirror image of the left hand page.
>
> Please, is there anyway to do this i.e. by having a separate <fo:flow
> flow-name="xsl-region-body" > for the left and right hand pages.
You can define different body-class regions for odd and even pages using
region-name property, but you cannot define more than one fo:flow for a
particular fo:page-sequence.
So I believe the only thing you can do is to emulate such mirroring by
manual
page breaks, alignment etc.

--
Oleg Tkachenko
Multiconn International, Israel

Re: Different fo:flow for alterate pages

Posted by Oleg Tkachenko <ol...@multiconn.com>.