Posted to user@struts.apache.org by José Ventura <ve...@cit.com.br> on 2003/04/30 15:59:06 UTC

SessionScope -- the villain?

Greetings.

I have some objects wich I wish to keep throughout a few user
screens (in my case, a list of objects that the user can browse
one page at a time).

I can't put the list on request scope, because it won't last
longer than one page. I'd also rather not place it in session
scope: first, it "pollutes" the session (unless cleaned, the
list will waste space); second, it would require more logic
to "init" the list, otherwise an user revisiting the page will
get the data that was previously there.

How are people tacking this problem?

[]'s
- joseph