Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by 1gnition <or...@gmail.com> on 2014/02/04 11:53:50 UTC

setting randomize=false doesn't work in failover transport

Hey,

We have a network of brokers with the following configuration in each
broker:
( syntax highlighted version here
<http://pastebin.com/embed_iframe.php?i=LnP8NqpD>  )

Now, we want clients to use failover transport but preferably connect to a
local broker, so we use this connection URI in the clients:
The problem is that clients still connect to random broker in the network
instead to their local broker. We also tried adding
 but it didn't help.

Do you have any suggestion what is wrong?

Thanks.

Re: setting randomize=false doesn't work in failover transport

Posted by Gary Tully <ga...@gmail.com>.
feel free to add a comment to that issue to that effect. thanks for
closing the loop.

http://redhat.com
http://blog.garytully.com

Re: setting randomize=false doesn't work in failover transport

Posted by artnaseef <ar...@artnaseef.com>.
Two ideas come to mind. One, clients are failing to connect. Two, the connection drops at some point.

Do you have logging to see failover activity on the client?  That would show either case. Using activemq's transport listener on the connection would also be good here. Note there is a race condition on setting it unless it is set on the ActiveMQConnectionFactory before creating the connection. The race condition means events could be missed at startup.

Sent from my iPhone