Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Jonny Pony <jo...@hotmail.com> on 2004/10/21 11:30:08 UTC

Is there a differece concerning security between the portal and portal-fw block

Hi,

I wanted to kow:
Is there a differece concerning security between the portal and portal-fw
block?
By security I mean the authentification process, etc.. Or do they differ
just in other functionallity?

Cheers
Jonny

RE: Is there a differece concerning security between the portal and portal-fw block

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
They both use the authentication framework (authentication-fw block)
and therefore provide
the same functionality. However, the (newer) portal block
can be used with a different authentication mechanism if required
while the portal-fw block is tied to the authentication framework.

Carsten