Posted to dev@bloodhound.apache.org by CM...@jerviswebb.com on 2013/07/31 18:30:58 UTC

Upgrade procedure 0.5.8-->0.6

What is the procedure for updating an existing installation from 0.5.8 to 0.6?

Christopher Murphy, Vice President
Jervis B. Webb Company, 34375 W. Twelve Mile Road, Farmington Hills, MI  48331
248.521.8704

DAIFUKU WEBB
Always an Edge Ahead

PRIVACY NOTICE: The information contained in this e-mail, including any attachments, is confidential and intended only for the named recipient(s). Unauthorized use, disclosure, forwarding, or copying is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete the e-mail and any attachments and notify us immediately by return e-mail.

Re: Upgrade procedure 0.5.3-->0.6

Posted by Olemis Lang <ol...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Sep 30, 2013 at 3:25 PM, Serge Bykov <dd...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Yes, I deciphered that as being the intent, but maybe the default copying
> over of the page would help with making this more new-user friendly.  I
> felt that I had to at least create default page before sharing the upgraded
> system with the team.  Especially since when selecting a different product
> from the Dashboard / <products> drop down  I am being redirected to the
> WikiStart page again, instead of staying in the tickets dashboard and
> refreshing it for the tickets of the selected product.

Product home page may be configured , if that's what you want ...

>  I then have to click on the Tickets to get back to the tickets view.  Not
> sure what is the logic for being sent to the wiki page when I'm clearly in
> the tickets view

The link points at product home page

Olemis - @olemislc

Re: Upgrade procedure 0.5.3-->0.6

Posted by Gary Martin <ga...@wandisco.com>.
On 30/09/13 21:51, Joe Dreimann wrote:

>> On 30 Sep 2013, at 16:25, Serge Bykov <dd...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>
>> Yes, I deciphered that as being the intent, but maybe the default copying over of the page would help with making this more new-user friendly.  I felt that I had to at least create default page before sharing the upgraded system with the team.  Especially since when selecting a different product from the Dashboard / <products> drop down  I am being redirected to the WikiStart page again, instead of staying in the tickets dashboard and refreshing it for the tickets of the selected product.  I then have to click on the Tickets to get back to the tickets view.  Not sure what is the logic for being sent to the wiki page when I'm clearly in the tickets view and just want to switch the product and see the tickets for the selected product?
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Serge
> I wouldn't expect you to land on the Wiki Start page when you navigate to a product, but on the dashboard-style Product page. That would seem more helpful to me.

Yes, I think this would be better behaviour when navigating from a
ticket related view to a new product.

I think I have mentioned in another thread that I would like to see the
breadcrumb available throughout the system. Under that kind of setup I
would suggest that product switching should attempt to stay in the same
kind of page as was just left. At a minimum we could have:

  * products/<src>/wik/path -> products/<dst>/wiki
  * products/<src>/ticket_related_path -> products/<dst>/dashboard

It may be nice to take this further and allow any general

There will be some values for <section> that will not have a matching
handler and so we may need to specify mappings and fall back to the
products/<dst> option for any that are not defined.

Cheers,
     Gary

Re: Upgrade procedure 0.5.3-->0.6

Posted by Joe Dreimann <jo...@wandisco.com>.

> On 30 Sep 2013, at 16:25, Serge Bykov <dd...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> Yes, I deciphered that as being the intent, but maybe the default copying over of the page would help with making this more new-user friendly.  I felt that I had to at least create default page before sharing the upgraded system with the team.  Especially since when selecting a different product from the Dashboard / <products> drop down  I am being redirected to the WikiStart page again, instead of staying in the tickets dashboard and refreshing it for the tickets of the selected product.  I then have to click on the Tickets to get back to the tickets view.  Not sure what is the logic for being sent to the wiki page when I'm clearly in the tickets view and just want to switch the product and see the tickets for the selected product?
>
> Cheers,
> Serge

I wouldn't expect you to land on the Wiki Start page when you navigate to a product, but on the dashboard-style Product page. That would seem more helpful to me.

- Joe
________________________
@jdreimann - Twitter
Sent from Harvard University campus

Re: Upgrade procedure 0.5.3-->0.6

Re: Upgrade procedure 0.5.3-->0.6

Posted by Olemis Lang <ol...@gmail.com>.

Re: Upgrade procedure 0.5.3-->0.6

Posted by Serge Bykov <dd...@yahoo.com>.
Thanks Ryan.

I've upgraded to 0.7 (from upgrade to 0.6) using the same method and all seems to work now. The only nuisance which I quickly fixed, was that the WikiStart pages were missing for each product, so I had to copy the default one to each product and also fix the link to Product Admin as the link structure now just ends with /admin. The links to versions/components on the wikistart page were working as before.

Cheers,
Serge

________________________________
Posted by Ryan Ollos <ry...@wandisco.com>.

Re: Upgrade procedure 0.5.3-->0.6

Posted by Ryan Ollos <ry...@wandisco.com>.

Re: Upgrade procedure 0.5.3-->0.6

Posted by Serge Bykov <dd...@yahoo.com>.
Hi.

> [...]

    entry = __import__(self.module_name, globals(),globals(), ['__name__'])
ImportError: No module named widgets.relations
2013-09-30 13:19:21,838 Trac[env] WARNING: Inheriting parent logger for product '@'
2013-09-30 13:19:21,848 Trac[env] WARNING: Inheriting parent logger for product 'TestProduct1'
2013-09-30 13:19:21,855 Trac[env] WARNING: Inheriting parent logger for product 'MyInternalFramework'
2013-09-30 13:19:21,871 Trac[env] WARNING: Inheriting parent logger for product 'MyMODULES'
2013-09-30 13:19:21,881 Trac[env] WARNING: Inheriting parent logger for product 'MyUtilityApp'
2013-09-30 13:19:21,934 Trac[env] WARNING: base_url option not set in configuration, generated links may be incorrect
2013-09-30 13:19:21,951 Trac[api] WARNING: Unable to find repository '(default)' for synchronization
2013-09-30 13:19:40,098 Trac[env] WARNING: product_base_url option not set in configuration, generated links may be incorrect
2013-09-30 13:19:40,121 Trac[api] WARNING: Unable to find repository '(default)' for synchronization
2013-09-30 13:19:40,160 Trac[theme] ERROR: BH: Quick create ticket failed column "product" specified more than once
LINE 1: ...atus,priority,product,resolution,time,changetime, product) V...
                                                             ^
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\opt\apache-bloodhound-0.5.3\installer\bloodhound\Lib\site-packages\bhtheme\theme.py", line 519, in process_request
    product, tid = self.create(req, summary, desc, attrs, True)
  File "C:\opt\apache-bloodhound-0.5.3\installer\bloodhound\Lib\site-packages\bhtheme\theme.py", line 552, in create
    t.insert()
  File "C:\opt\apache-bloodhound-0.5.3\installer\bloodhound\Lib\site-packages\trac\ticket\model.py", line 241, in insert
    [values[name] for name in std_fields])
  File "C:\opt\apache-bloodhound-0.5.3\installer\bloodhound\Lib\site-packages\multiproduct\dbcursor.py", line 143, in execute
    return self.cursor.execute(sql, args=args)
  File "C:\opt\apache-bloodhound-0.5.3\installer\bloodhound\Lib\site-packages\multiproduct\dbcursor.py", line 83, in execute
    return super(BloodhoundIterableCursor, self).execute(translate_sql(self.env, sql), args=args)
  File "C:\opt\apache-bloodhound-0.5.3\installer\bloodhound\Lib\site-packages\trac\db\util.py", line 65, in execute
    return self.cursor.execute(sql_escape_percent(sql), args)
ProgrammingError: column "product" specified more than once
LINE 1: ...atus,priority,product,resolution,time,changetime, product) V...
                                                             ^

Any thoughts on what may be wrong?

Thanks a lot!
Serge