Posted to dev@myriad.apache.org by yuliya Feldman <yu...@yahoo.com.INVALID> on 2015/09/23 01:22:25 UTC

Cleanup of binary distro directory

Hello here,
This is question for Mesos gurus.
How to clean up binary distribution directory upon task exiting?
I am not even sure if it gets cleaned up by Maraton upon task scaling down.
I could not find much info on the topic.
Thanks,Yuliya

Re: Cleanup of binary distro directory

Posted by Adam Bordelon <ad...@mesosphere.io>.
Mesos periodically (or when the disk gets full) garbage collects the
sandbox directories of its oldest completed executors. So if you flex down
a NM, its executor will die, and Mesos will remove the directory and its
contents.
If you'd like to clean things up before then, you could wrap your
executable in a script that traps on exit and deletes things.

On Tue, Sep 22, 2015 at 4:22 PM, yuliya Feldman <yufeldman@yahoo.com.invalid