Posted to dev@openmeetings.apache.org by Susheel Jalali <Su...@CoscendCommunications.com> on 2015/05/23 18:41:35 UTC

Conference Room Menu

Dear Fellow OpenMeetings Users and Maxim:

Could you advise the steps to add a new Menu Item to OpenMeetings
Conference Room menu bar?  Here is what we planned to do. What are the
steps missing?

1.Create a fresh unused String ID for use in the label text of this
item, and add it with  'name' and 'value' strings, in "english.xml"
under: <prefix>/src/main/webapp/languages.

2.Open file
<prefix>/src/modules/conference/conference/conferenceMenubar.lzx.

3.Add a new class for the menu item, e.g., NewMenuitemLevel1

a.What minimal attributes should I add in this class or its onclick
handler to run the required command?

b.What are the steps to execute this command?

c.Which of the following ways is the right one to set the command for
the onClick handler for this new Menu item?  Below we have listed our
understanding of three ways to do this, extrapolated from existing code
of EXIT button and Files menu subitem of ConferenceMenuBar.lzx.

d.Is there a  "cmd_record" or its equivalent we can use, or do we need
to create one for that?

Should we do any other related change in any other file?

--------

Methods to execute the OnClick handler for new menu items

*_Method 1_: *

<class NewMenuItemLevel1

<labelText name="Record"  >

<attribute name="link" type="string" value="" />

<handler name="onclick">

lz.Browser.loadURL(this.link,"_blank");

</handler>

<handler name="oninit">

this.setAttribute('text',this.formatLinkText(canvas.getLabelName(8)));

        this.setAttribute('command',"new_command");

this.setAttribute('link',canvas.??????);

         </handler>

<method name="formatLinkText" args="text">

<![CDATA[

return "<u><FONT color='#0000CC'>"+text+"</FONT></u>";

]]>

</method>

  </labelText>

</class>

*_Method 2_:*

OnClick added to handler name for creating a "Send Invitation" first
level Room  Menu.  In this case, "cmd_invitation" already exists.

<baseMenuMeetingsItem text="$once{ canvas.getLabelName(635 213) }"

    text_y_inset="4" text_fontsize="14" down_y_inset="8"

textToolTip="" height="28"  visible="${
canvas.currentRoomObj.hideActionsMenu ? false :
((classroot.viewType=='conference') ? true : (canvas.ismoderator ? true
: (canvas.isAllowedToDraw ? true : false ))) }" >

<handler name="onclick"  command="cmd_invitation" > </handler>

</baseMenuMeetingsItem>

*_Method 3_: *

For Share / record screen

Is there a  "cmd_record" or its equivalent we can use, or do we need to
create one for that?

Similarly for Remote_desktop.

<class name="conferenceShareScreen" extends="view" height="34" width="${
this._ctext.width+4}" >

          <handler name="oninit">

this.fixWidth();

</handler>

<handler name="onclick" command="cmd_shareDesktop">

</handler>

OR

<handler name="onclick" >

command="cmd_shareDesktop"

        enabled="${ canvas.timeZonesLoaded &amp;&amp;
!canvas.isRemoteUser() &amp;&amp; canvas.ismoderator }"

</handler>

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Susheel Jalali

Customer Operations Leader,

Coscend Communications Solutions

_Susheel.Jalali@CoscendCommunications.com_

Web site:www.CoscendCommunications.com
<http://www.coscendcommunications.com/>

*Coscend’s**Software Service Factory*

"*Coscend Communications* is ... *pioneering a new approach*to ...
software applications development, and systems integration."

*Light Reading Network, *December, 2007

"*Coscend*is at the*vanguard of a new evolution*in telco OSS/BSS systems
integration."

*Caroline Chappell*
A leading authority in the communications services software industry

"There are *innovative*…*tools*from ... *Coscend *bubbling up, which
will help accelerate the data consolidation process and reduce its cost."

*Dennis Mendyk, */Editor,/Building a *Telco Service Factory*

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: See 'Confidentiality Notice Regarding E-mail
Messages from Coscend Communications Solutions' posted at:
http://www.CoscendCommunications.com/Terms_and_Conditions.html
<http://www.coscendcommunications.com/Terms_and_Conditions.html>

Re: Conference Room Menu

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
You can use any method
there is no "cmd_record" you need to create it with your own implementation

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax