Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by adasal <ad...@gmail.com> on 2008/04/13 11:04:08 UTC

implicit and explicit knowledge in tapestry 5 t5

I have just written a report that strongly recommends adoption of tapestry
as an agile process in a large application.
It would substitute a forms builder and I recommend it against the next
version of this forms builder and Orbeon, an open source forms builder.
My reasoning is that the benefits of the agile process when in place are
greater than those that might come from using a forms builder.
In particular I am concerned about page flow in a rules like way that a
forms builder is supposed to implement but can prove problematic.
In t4 all of this including validation could be controlled in HiveMind
declaratively.
What is the situation with t5?
With hivemind, although complex relationships might be difficult to follow,
everything was found in these declarative files and changes could be made to
rules and interrelated validations by editing them.
I understand that t5 has a pipeline concept. What would the process of
creating, finding exiting and modifying rules in a pipe line be like
compared to using hivemind?
Can hivemind be used with t5 and would there be any point.
Any thoughts?
Adam
Adam Saltiel