Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by Enrico Migliore <en...@fatti.com> on 2005/11/07 07:22:28 UTC

bootJVM compiled with MSVC

hi,

 I finally compiled bootJVM with MSVC 6.0 but still have 13 problems
when linking.

The most common problems I faced, during in the compilation process, were:

1.  *.c
         In many files, some variables are defined after a certain
number of C statements.
         I had to move the definition of those variables to the
beginning of the block
         where they belong.

2.  *.c
         #include <unistd.h> is not defined in MSVC

3.  timeslice.c
         The structure  "struct itimerval" is not defined in MSVC,

4. timeslice.c
        SIGHUP and SIGALRM signals are not defined in MSVC.

5.  opcode.c
        The following function definition:
                   static void dummy1(void)
                  {
                       char *p, *dummy2;
                       dummy2 = p;
                       dummy1();
                   }
        were placed within the funcion "opcode_run( )"

I got some other smaller problems which I don't report here.

I got now the following linking problems:
Linking...
bytegames.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _swap2
bytegames.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _swap4
classfile.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _getwd
jvm.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _sleep
threadutil.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
__imp__pthread_mutex_unlock
timeslice.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
__imp__pthread_mutex_unlock
threadutil.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
__imp__pthread_mutex_lock
timeslice.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
__imp__pthread_mutex_lock
timeslice.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
__imp__pthread_create
timeslice.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
__imp__pthread_mutex_init
timeslice.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _yield
timeslice.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
__imp__pthread_cancel
Debug/harmony.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 10 unresolved externals
Error executing link.exe.
Creating browse info file...

harmony.exe - 13 error(s), 2 warning(s)

Apart from _sleep, which I assume can be replaced by the Sleep( )
function, I need to
know how to proceed.

Can anybody help me out?

Enrico