Posted to dev@whimsical.apache.org by sebb <se...@gmail.com> on 2020/06/02 12:47:38 UTC

Emeritus sample code using svnmucc

Examples of how to handle emeritus requests:

Emeritus granted
=============
ASF::SVN.svnmucc('/path/members.txt',msg,env,_) do |text|
  text = '...' # move from main section to emeritus
  extra = ['mv https://.../emeritus-received/availid.pdf
https://.../emeritus/availid.pdf']
end

Emeritus rejoined
=============
ASF::SVN.svnmucc('/path/members.txt',msg,env,_) do |text|
  text = '...' # move from emeritus to main section
  extra = ['mv https://.../emeritus/availid.pdf
https://.../emeritus-rejoined/availid.pdf']
 # the above can be expanded to create a holding directory if the
target already exists
end

Emeritus rescinded
===============
Can use svn to rename the file from emeritus-received/ to emeritus-rescinded.
However if there has been a previous rescinding from the same person,
it might make sense
to use svnmucc to group the commands into a single commit if that is
thought necessary.

Re: Emeritus sample code using svnmucc

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, 2 Jun 2020 at 18:52, Craig Russell <ap...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Sebb,
>
> This looks great.
>
> Could you update the example usage to include what the commands would look like with no explicit path names or urls, but just using ASF::SVN references for the paths?

That's really orthogonal to the examples.

> Else-thread we are discussing how the tooling should be updated to remove explicit path references and instead use the ASF::SVN paths.

Probably best discussed there.

> And it is not clear to me how you return both the replacement text for members.txt and also the svn directory to commit.

The co-routine returns the updated text, and any associated commands,
e.g. renames.

The main multiUpdate method knows what to update, because it was given
the path to the local checkout which holds members.txt.

Posted by Craig Russell <ap...@gmail.com>.
Hi Sebb,

This looks great.

Could you update the example usage to include what the commands would look like with no explicit path names or urls, but just using ASF::SVN references for the paths?

Else-thread we are discussing how the tooling should be updated to remove explicit path references and instead use the ASF::SVN paths.

And it is not clear to me how you return both the replacement text for members.txt and also the svn directory to commit.

Thanks,
Craig

> On Jun 2, 2020, at 9:43 AM, sebb <se...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I have changed the name to multiUpdate
>
> svnmucc is now the low-level interface to svnmucc, which is used by
> multiUpdate and can be used directly, e.g. for emeritus rescinded
> which does not need to update a file
>
> On Tue, 2 Jun 2020 at 13:47, sebb <se...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Examples of how to handle emeritus requests:
>>
>> Emeritus granted
>> =============
>> ASF::SVN.svnmucc('/path/members.txt',msg,env,_) do |text|
>>  text = '...' # move from main section to emeritus
>>  extra = ['mv https://.../emeritus-received/availid.pdf
>> https://.../emeritus/availid.pdf']
>> end
>>
>> Emeritus rejoined
>> =============
>> ASF::SVN.svnmucc('/path/members.txt',msg,env,_) do |text|
>>  text = '...' # move from emeritus to main section
>>  extra = ['mv https://.../emeritus/availid.pdf
>> https://.../emeritus-rejoined/availid.pdf']
>> # the above can be expanded to create a holding directory if the
>> target already exists
>> end
>>
>> Emeritus rescinded
>> Can use svn to rename the file from emeritus-received/ to emeritus-rescinded.
>> However if there has been a previous rescinding from the same person,
>> it might make sense
>> to use svnmucc to group the commands into a single commit if that is
>> thought necessary.

Craig L Russell
clr@apache.org

Re: Emeritus sample code using svnmucc