Posted to dev@pekko.apache.org by "Claude Warren, Jr" <cl...@aiven.io.INVALID> on 2022/11/04 14:28:14 UTC

findinag and removing the akka name

It might be worthwhile to do a grep across all the repositories and find
all the places where "akka" is mentioned.

Then we can open a ticket in each project listing all the files that have
to be changed.  I don't think git has ticket dependencies so we can't open
sub tickets directly but we could open sub tickets to do partial updates
and reference them in the base ticket.

If the list of files was a checklist we could check off each file as it was
completed and close the ticket when the last one was done.

Just bikeshedding the process here.  Thoughts anyone? <-- that was a stupid
question.

Re: findinag and removing the akka name

Posted by PJ Fanning <fa...@gmail.com>.
I'd prefer to get an idea of what's in the main incubator-pekko repo
first. Some of the changes we make there will need similar changes in
other repos. An example would be the markdown files like README.md and
CONTRIBUTING.md - we would probably want to standardise the
contributing statement across all the repos.

Also, the other repos have code dependencies on the main pekko/akka
repo. An example is pekko-http depending on pekko-actor. Because we
have no artifacts published for pekko-actor, pekko-http will probably
be better off depending on akka-actor for the next few weeks. We would
still be able to rename the packages in pekko-http but there would
still be akka imports (for a few weeks).