Posted to dev@zeppelin.apache.org by Alexandre Rafalovitch <ar...@gmail.com> on 2017/03/21 17:35:05 UTC

GSOC2017: Any mentors for Solr engine integration

Hi,

I am a committer to the Apache Solr (search engine) project and
registered as a mentor for Google Summer of Code 2017 that just
started to get student proposals. I really like the concept of the
Zeppelin project and would love to see Solr backend integration for
it. Actually, we already integrate with Zeppelin, but via the JDBC
bridge. I want a more rich integration directly with Solr.

Has anybody in the Zeppelin community joined as a GSOC mentor this
cycle? If so, I would like to propose the engine as one of the ideas
for students to pick up. I would be happy to be the secondary mentor
for such project and/or train the students (and anybody else in
Zeppelin community along them) in Solr foundations.

I have an issue open for this at
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-10328 .

Regards,
   Alex.