Posted to user@syncope.apache.org by Tech <te...@psynd.net> on 2017/01/12 13:27:49 UTC

Date format on user self-registration

Dear experts,

We added the date as custom field, we added it to the BaseUser class and
after we added to the USER schema.

During the self registration we are able to display the field, that is
correctly displayed as Date (we can also see the calendar button).

We can complete the registration procedure, but the information is not
stored into the Database.

We modified the Conversion-Pattern using yyyy-MM-dd, but this changes
only the way the data is displayed in the interface, but we can't still
store the information into the database.

Could you please advise?

Thanks

Re: Date format on user self-registration

Posted by Francesco Chicchiriccò <il...@apache.org>.
> On 18/01/2017 11:34, Tech wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> thanks, in the version 2.0.2 the Date is working correctly.
>
> Please be aware that there is no 2.0.2 yet, only 2.0.2-SNAPSHOT, which
> is the ongoing work that will eventually bring the official 2.0.2.
>
> The instructions I have you below are for
> backMariaDB_ApplicationDataSourceporting the fix in 2.0.2-SNAPSHOT
> into your local project based on 2.0.1.
> I assume something went wrong in this process, I will update my
> reference project at
>
> https://github.com/Tirasa/syncopeOnJBoss
>
> with such backport as soon as I got some spare time, maybe this could
> help you.

FYI, I have just upgraded the reference project above (all the 2.0
branches, e.g. master, MariaDB_ContainerDataSource  and
MariaDB_ApplicationDataSource) with the fix for SYNCOPE-992.

After building and new deployment to Wildfly, I have created two plain
schemas and added to the BaseUser class (via Admin Console):

1. 'sample date' with conversion pattern 'yyyy-MM-dd'
2. 'sample date and time' with conversion pattern
'yyyy-MM-dd'T'HH:mm:ss.SSSZ'

Then I performed a self registration via EndUser and provided values for
the two date attributes just created.

As expected, the values where correctly reported either by the Admin
Console and by the EndUser UI.

HTH
Regards.

--
Francesco Chicchiriccò

Tirasa - Open Source Excellence
http://www.tirasa.net/

http://home.apache.org/~ilgrosso/

Re: Date format on user self-registration

Posted by Francesco Chicchiriccò <il...@apache.org>.
On 18/01/2017 11:34, Tech wrote:
> Hello,
>
> thanks, in the version 2.0.2 the Date is working correctly.

Please be aware that there is no 2.0.2 yet, only 2.0.2-SNAPSHOT, which
is the ongoing work that will eventually bring the official 2.0.2.

The instructions I have you below are for backporting the fix in

--
Francesco Chicchiricc�

Posted by Tech <te...@psynd.net>.
Hello,