Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Ard Schrijvers <a....@hippo.nl> on 2007/03/29 16:03:58 UTC

Make status code attribute of seriailzers expandable

I missed the discussion before the vote, but have one more question:

Is it also possible to add extra optional http headers in the serializer, like:

<map:serialize type="xhtml" pragma="{cache}" cache-control="{cache}">

I would like to store in a variable wether I am dealing with something that is not allowed to be cached by mod_cache, like a cforms with continuation. We had a discussion before on this list, but cannot find the thread ATM

I do not know about the serializers, but is this possible and/or desirable?

Ard

Re: Make status code attribute of seriailzers expandable

Posted by Grzegorz Kossakowski <gk...@apache.org>.
Ard Schrijvers napisał(a):
> I missed the discussion before the vote, but have one more question:
>
> Is it also possible to add extra optional http headers in the serializer, like:
>
> <map:serialize type="xhtml" pragma="{cache}" cache-control="{cache}">
>
> I would like to store in a variable wether I am dealing with something that is not allowed to be cached by mod_cache, like a cforms with continuation. We had a discussion before on this list, but cannot find the thread ATM

I'm -1 for setting this in a serializer.
> I do not know about the serializers, but is this possible and/or desirable?

I was going to propose the same but set on pipeline level. Then one
would group pipelines sharing the same caching characteristics. We have
already "expires" parameter for pipelines so I think it fits into
current design.
As servlet sevice stuff demands high conformity with HTTP specification
I'm all +1 on such addition.

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski

Re: Make status code attribute of seriailzers expandable

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com>.
Ard Schrijvers wrote:
> I missed the discussion before the vote, but have one more question:
>
> Is it also possible to add extra optional http headers in the serializer, like:
>
> <map:serialize type="xhtml" pragma="{cache}" cache-control="{cache}">
>
> I would like to store in a variable wether I am dealing with something that is not allowed to be cached by mod_cache, like a cforms with continuation. We had a discussion before on this list, but cannot find the thread ATM
>
> I do not know about the serializers, but is this possible and/or desirable?

Please see HttpHeaderAction, can set any response header you want

Vadim