Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Jennifer Jacobs <ja...@firstenergycorp.com> on 2006/10/02 19:44:28 UTC

JspException: null in doStartTag() of form tag

Hello,

I've created struts forms before with no problems, and have been working
with them for over a year, and I'm suddenly having a horrible time creating
a small test form, and I have no idea what I'm missing.  The error that I'm
getting is completely unhelpful:

javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: null

I've been able to debug and know that the error is occuring when doing the
lookup() method in the doStartTag() method of the form tag.  It's like it's
not able to bring in the struts-config?

I feel like I've done everything possible to strip this down to the most
basic form possible, and I'm ripping my hair out trying to figure out what's
happening.

Here's my struts-config:

	<form-beans>
		<form-bean name="MyForm" type="com.jaj.test.ContactUsTestForm"/>
	</form-beans>
	<action-mappings>
		<action path="/test" type="com.jaj.test.ContactUsTestAction"
		name="MyForm" scope="session" input="/contactTest.jsp">
			<forward name="success" path="/contactTest.jsp" redirect="true"/>
		</action>
	</action-mappings>

Here's my jsp:

			Submit

I can't make it any easier!  Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,
Jennifer

RE: JspException: null in doStartTag() of form tag

Posted by Jennifer Jacobs <ja...@firstenergycorp.com>.
David,

Thanks so much!  You wouldn't believe it, but I already HAD log4j in there
and totally missed the error message that was causing me problems.  Your
response made me recheck it, though, and I caught it - my local engine
couldn't connect to the location I had for my dtd file in my web.xml.  Of
all things!

Thanks,
Jennifer

Posted by "Samere, Adam J" <as...@paychex.com>.
Can you post the stack trace from your application log along with the
version of struts you are using and the class ContactUsTestForm inherits
from?

Adam

[...]

The information contained in this message may be privileged,
confidential, and protected from disclosure. If the reader of this
message is not the intended recipient, or any employee or agent
you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or
received this communication in error, please notify us immediately

Thank you. Paychex, Inc.