Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by HweeKuan Lee <hw...@yahoo.com> on 2003/06/10 04:04:54 UTC

running sample programs

hi,

i downloaded xerces-c-src_2_3_0 source code from
xml.apache.org website. following the build
instructions, i built xerces and samples using make.

after which i set LIBPATH to the dll directory.
however, i am not able to run the samples, error
messages are:

bin_+ ./SAX2Count
dyld: ./SAX2Count can't open library:
libxerces-c.23.dylib  (No such file or directory,
errno = 2)
Trace/BPT trap

i don't know if i set LIBPATH correctly or i should
use LIBPATH on my machine. my machine is a MAC
PowerBook using Macosx,

uname -a

Darwin doraemon.local. 6.6 Darwin Kernel Version 6.6:
Thu May  1 21:48:54 PDT 2003;
root:xnu/xnu-344.34.obj~1/RELEASE_PPC  Power Macintosh
powerpc

thank you.

Hwee Kuan

Re: running sample programs (Mac OS X)

Posted by James Berry <jb...@criticalpath.com>.
On 6/9/03 7:04 PM, "HweeKuan Lee" <hw...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> instructions, i built xerces and samples using make.
> after which i set LIBPATH to the dll directory.
> however, i am not able to run the samples... Macosx,

Mac OS X uses the environment variable DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH.

So something like this instead:

setenv DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH $XERCESCROOT/lib

-jdb