Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Wei Tan <ta...@gmail.com> on 2008/04/25 13:46:41 UTC

Hook ivy repository to Maven

Dear all,

     We have a project which needs to use jars in a ivy repository, but our
project is managed by Maven.
Can Maven access ivy repo. and fetch the dependencies (jars)?

    I was told that ivy can acess Maven repo.

    Thanks.

Wei

RE: Hook ivy repository to Maven

Posted by "Brian E. Fox" <br...@reply.infinity.nu>.
I think we've answered it a few times, but here it is in one place:

Yes, it seems you can access Maven repos from Ivy. I've never used it
personally, but they recently made a bunch of announcements regarding
metadata support.

No, you can't access an IVY repo from Maven. I guess that means people
using both are sharing the maven repo layout.

HTH,
Brian

Posted by Wei Tan <ta...@gmail.com>.
Hi Scott,

Posted by Wei Tan <ta...@gmail.com>.
Thank you all.
For now I plan to manually extract all the dependencies to build my own
Maven repo. In the long term a proxy that automatically extract files from
ivy repo. to a maven repo. may be desired.

BTW: some online articles says that ivy can access Maven repo, is it ture?

Best regards,

Wei

Posted by James William Dumay <ja...@atlassian.com>.

Posted by "Brian E. Fox" <br...@reply.infinity.nu>.

Posted by Wei Tan <ta...@gmail.com>.
I do not mean to do that.
The situation is, my (big) project is managed by Maven, and now I plan to

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org>.

Posted by Wei Tan <ta...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Brian E. Fox" <br...@reply.infinity.nu>.