Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Ben Collins-Sussman <su...@collab.net> on 2002/09/20 23:17:52 UTC

svn 0.14.3 released

Rejoice, for another Alpha 'interim' release of Subversion is upon us,
another step on the path to Beta.

Please note that the latest Subversion (0.14.3) requires at least
0.9.2 of apr and apr-util, and the server module (mod_dav_svn) must
build against any version of httpd NEWER than 2.0.40.  Please do not
try building against the httpd 2.0.40 release tarball; at the time of
this writing, httpd-2.0.42 was in final testing stages, so it should
be released any day now.  (If you're impatient, then checkout the HEAD
of httpd-2.0 from CVS, which works fine.)

Also note that our logo contest has ended.  Congratulations to Tyrus
Christiana (tyrus.christiana@databuilt.com).  His logo now graces the
front of our website.  (All the entries and votes are still visible at
http://svn.collab.net/repos/logos) If you're into Subversion team
spirit, you can buy a subversion t-shirt, mousepad, coffee mug, and
other things from our page at:

    http://www.cafepress.com/subversion

Note that this page isn't for any fundraising -- just for promoting
project spirit.  All of the items are being sold at cost.

Finally, we should mention that our main repository, svn.collab.net,
has been upgraded to use SSL.  So you should be able to do all
checkouts over https://.

Here's our list of CHANGES for this release:

 User-visible changes:
 * new ~/.subversion/config file
 * new $Id$ keyword
 * new client --no-auth-cache option
 * empty values in the Windows Registry are no longer ignored (issue #671)
 * report details of repository start-commit or pre-commit hook errors
 * fix locking behaviour when using current directory as a target
 * updated man page
 * new front-page logo.  :-)

 Developer-visible changes:
 * continuing work on python SWIG bindings
 * continuing work on new access-baton system for libsvn_wc
 * upgrade to neon 0.23.4 to fix Windows build issues and seg faults
 * add XFAIL to the C testing framework
 * prevent setting of certain svn: props on incorrect file types
 * cleanup libsvn_subr's path library behavior
 * new 'fast-clean' vs. 'clean' Makefile targets
 * various bugfixes, tweaks, cleanups.

Re: svn 0.14.3 released - correction

Posted by Jostein Christoffer Andersen <jo...@josander.net>.
On Wednesday 25 September 2002 16.46, Jostein Christoffer Andersen wrote:

Oh, I did it again...

> I think I did not express me clearly enought: Svn _is_ working, it
> just that it just ignores the registry contents, wherever something is
> inside the config file or not. Anyway, here it is (The reg file is in

Svn are allways reading the config file, and it does not read the
registry values.

J.

Jostein Christoffer Andersen <jo...@josander.net>
http://www.josander.net/

Public PGP Key:
Key: http://www.josander.net/pub_keys/jostein_josander.net.asc

Re: svn 0.14.3 released

Posted by cm...@collab.net.
Jostein Christoffer Andersen <jo...@josander.net> writes:

> > What registry keys are being set?  Can you export those keys into a
> > .reg file and (if that file is human-readable) send that file to the
> > list?
>
> I think I did not express me clearly enought: Svn _is_ working, it just
> that it just ignores the registry contents, wherever something is inside
> the config file or not. Anyway, here it is (The reg file is in UTF-16 so
> I paste the contents here to my kmail):

Hm.  To me, "it just ignores the registry contents" sounds like
Subversion is *not* working as expected.  :-)  Anyway, let's look at
that registry output...

> Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
>
> [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Tigris.org\Subversion]
> "Version"="0.14.3"
> "Revision"="3200"
>
> [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Tigris.org\Subversion\Config]
>
> [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Tigris.org\Subversion\Config\Helpers]
> "editor_cmd"="E:\\cygwin\\bin\\vim.exe"

Things look okay up to here, I think.

> [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Tigris.org\Subversion\Config\Miscellany]
> "global_ignores"="global_ignores = *.o *.lo *.la #*# *.rej *~ .#* *.test"

Why include "global_ignores = " in the value?  I don't *think* that
should break things (just means we'll try to ignore items named
'global_ignores' and '=', I'm guessing), but I doubt it is what you want.

Re: svn 0.14.3 released

Posted by Jostein Christoffer Andersen <jo...@josander.net>.
On Wednesday 25 September 2002 16.09, cmpilato@collab.net wrote:
> Jostein Christoffer Andersen <jo...@josander.net> writes:
> > On Tuesday 24 September 2002 17.07, cmpilato@collab.net wrote:
> > > No, the diff_cmd option has not been implemented. :-)
> > >
> > > Try something else, like the ignores stuff, and let us know if
> > > that doesn't work on Windows, please!
> >
> > "[miscellany]/global_ignores" works fine on my XP from the config
> > file. Nothing works when set from the registry.
>
> What registry keys are being set?  Can you export those keys into a
> .reg file and (if that file is human-readable) send that file to the
> list?

I think I did not express me clearly enought: Svn _is_ working, it just
that it just ignores the registry contents, wherever something is inside
the config file or not. Anyway, here it is (The reg file is in UTF-16 so
I paste the contents here to my kmail):
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Tigris.org\Subversion]
"Version"="0.14.3"
"Revision"="3200"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Tigris.org\Subversion\Config]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Tigris.org\Subversion\Config\Helpers]
"editor_cmd"="E:\\cygwin\\bin\\vim.exe"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Tigris.org\Subversion\Config\Miscellany]
"global_ignores"="global_ignores = *.o *.lo *.la #*# *.rej *~ .#* *.test"

Jostein

Re: svn 0.14.3 released

Posted by Jostein Christoffer Andersen <jo...@josander.net>.
On Tuesday 24 September 2002 17.07, cmpilato@collab.net wrote:

> No, the diff_cmd option has not been implemented. :-)
>
> Try something else, like the ignores stuff, and let us know if that
> doesn't work on Windows, please!

"[miscellany]/global_ignores" works fine on my XP from the config file.
Nothing works when set from the registry.

Jostein

Jostein Christoffer Andersen <jo...@josander.net>
http://www.josander.net/

Public PGP Key:
Key: http://www.josander.net/pub_keys/jostein_josander.net.asc

Re: svn 0.14.3 released

Posted by cm...@collab.net.
Jostein Christoffer Andersen <jo...@josander.net> writes:

> Branko Čibej wrote:
> > A new Win32 binary for version 0.14.3, based on revision 3200, is
> > available from the downloads area on subversion.tigris.org.
>
> I'm doing the Windows distro now, but I have a question: Do the
> configuration (the config file/registry) work on Windows now? I can't
> make it work. I have for example tried:
> diff_cmd=E:\Subverversion\helpers\diff\diff.exe and so on. How should
> this look like in the registry, is it something like this:
> Subversion/Config/Helpers
>   diff_cmd    \Subverversion\helpers\diff\diff.exe ?

Yes, and no.

Yes, the configuration features that have been implemented thus far
seem to work.

Re: svn 0.14.3 released

Posted by Jostein Christoffer Andersen <jo...@josander.net>.

Re: svn 0.14.3 released

Posted by Florin Iucha <fl...@iucha.net>.
On Tue, Sep 24, 2002 at 04:34:01AM +0200, Branko ??ibej wrote:
> A new Win32 binary for version 0.14.3, based on revision 3200, is
> available from the downloads area on subversion.tigris.org.

... and there was much rejoicing!

Thank you Subversion Team,
florin

--

"If it's not broken, let's fix it till it is."

41A9 2BDE 8E11 F1C5 87A6  03EE 34B3 E075 3B90 DFE4

Re: svn 0.14.3 released

Posted by Branko Čibej <br...@xbc.nu>.

Re: svn 0.14.3 released

Posted by Greg Stein <gs...@lyra.org>.
On Wed, Sep 25, 2002 at 12:19:47AM +0100, Barry Scott wrote:
> Is the APR and APR-UTIL in httpd-2.0.42 suitable for building this
> release? (I cannot see a 0.9.2 of APR they claim 0.9.1 is the latest.)

Yes, that APR(UTIL) should be perfectly fine.

I think the minimum requirement is APR 0.9.0 (which is later than
0.9.0-dev). Apache 2.0.42 is the first release to incorporate that version.

APRUTIL doesn't really have a minimum, but the one in 2.0.42 is more than
fine. And note that it didn't get a number until 0.9.1.

(the copy of APR(UTIL) in Apache 2.0.42 actually incorporates 0.9.2-dev of
 APR(UTIL))

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/

RE: svn 0.14.3 released

Posted by Barry Scott <ba...@ntlworld.com>.
Is the APR and APR-UTIL in httpd-2.0.42 suitable for building this
release? (I cannot see a 0.9.2 of APR they claim 0.9.1 is the latest.)

BArry