Posted to dev@community.apache.org by Ate Douma <at...@douma.nu> on 2015/04/10 21:15:23 UTC

ApacheCon wiki page for Austin is outdated (2006)!

Just a quick heads-up and maybe something somebody might want to fix?

The http://wiki.apache.org/apachecon/AustinTips which is linked from the
main http://wiki.apache.org/apachecon/ page as being relevant for the
upcoming ApacheCo, actually is the old/outdated page from back 2006!

I just noticed while trying to lookup what the best public travel transport
would be, and then realized the instructions given where to get off the bus
(Capital Metro Bus #100) are incorrect!

The actual / best point to get off bus #100 is:

  Stop Name: CONGRESS/RIVERSIDE
  Stop ID: 2516
  Northeast corner of CONGRESS and RIVERSIDE - Farside
  314 S Congress Ave, Austin, Texas
  https://www.capmetro.org/gismaps/stops/516.html

And then its just a 2-6 minutes walk to the Hyatt hotel.
If you follow the old instructions on the wiki, you'll probably end up
walking for a half hour or more...

Anyways, I'm running out of time, last minute preparations before getting
on the plane to Austin tomorrow morning.
I hope the above information will be useful for some :)

Regards and looking forward meeting you there,

Ate