Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by David Calavera <da...@gmail.com> on 2009/06/22 16:36:46 UTC

Tomcat-Rails, a pet project to run jruby on rails applications within an embedded tomcat

Hi,

I'm working on a little project to use tomcat as server for rails
applications without generate a war file. I'm using an embedded tomcat and
jruby-rack to wrap requests.

I don't know if this could be useful for anyone, currently it's based on my
needs, but you can find more info in the project page:

http://calavera.github.com/tomcat-rails
http://github.com/calavera/tomcat-rails

Advice and feedback will be really appreciated.

Cheers

--
David Calavera
http://www.thinkincode.net

Re: Tomcat-Rails, a pet project to run jruby on rails applications within an embedded tomcat

Posted by David Calavera <da...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Jun 22, 2009 at 4:52 PM, Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi David-
>
> can you use CGIServlet to accomplish the ror?

rails doesn't work pretty well with cgi, they are using rack, that's an
implementation of python's wsgi in ruby.

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
Hi David-

Posted by David Calavera <da...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Jun 22, 2009 at 4:50 PM, Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org> wrote:

> David Calavera wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm working on a little project to use tomcat as server for rails
> > applications without generate a war file. I'm using an embedded tomcat
> and
> > jruby-rack to wrap requests.
> >
> > I don't know if this could be useful for anyone, currently it's based on
> my
> > needs, but you can find more info in the project page:
> >
> > http://calavera.github.com/tomcat-rails
> > http://github.com/calavera/tomcat-rails
> >
> > Advice and feedback will be really appreciated.
>
> You should read http://tomcat.apache.org/legal.html, particularly the
> parts related to trademarks and naming.

Yep, I already added the asf license and all that stuff but I have to
submitted.

> If you haven't already found it, this class (from sandbox/trunk) is
> quite useful when you start embedding Apache Tomcat.
>
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/tomcat/trunk/java/org/apache/catalina/startup/Tomcat.java

I'm using it, it was really useful, one code line to config all the server
classes instead of hundred XD.

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.