Posted to pluto-dev@portals.apache.org by CD...@hannaford.com on 2006/08/05 00:48:56 UTC

JSR-286 Early Draft 1 available for review

The JSR-286 (Portlet 2.0) Early Draft 1 has been released by the Java
Community Process. It can be found at:
http://jcp.org/aboutJava/communityprocess/edr/jsr286/. According to that
page:
"This first draft does not contain all the functionality that the JSR 286
EG considers for this JSR, but mainly supports the features introduced
with Web Service for Remote Portlets (WSRP) V 2.0 defined at OASIS and
thus the JSR 286 EG seeks feedback these features. Additional features
will be introduced with a second early draft."

Note that the PDF 'Without Track Changes' is broken right now. The other
PDF has color highlighting new text in the document.

According to PLT.2.6 of the Early Draft:
The major new features of version 2.0 include:
* Events -- enabling portlet to send and receive events and perform state
changes or
send further events as result of processing an event.
* Shared session attributes -- allowing portlets to share session
attributes beyond
the current web application.
* Shared render parameters -- allowing portlets to share render parameters
with
other portlets.
* Resource serving -- provides ability for a portlet to serve a resource.
* Portlet filter -- allowing on the fly transformations of information in
both the
request to and the response from a portlet

The closing date for this early draft review is Sept 1. Please send your
comments to jsr-286-comments@jcp.org.

Re: JSR-286 Early Draft 1 available for review

Posted by "David H. DeWolf" <dd...@apache.org>.
I Totally agree.  We need a push towards 1.1 final.

In regards to 286 and the next generation of Pluto, I guess my point is
simply that I'd like to see our community share some ideas and innovate
here.  I think it would be a good way to energize the community.  In
addition, as you hinted,  it was difficult to pick up support for Pluto
when it was originally "dumped".  I'd really like to avoid that again.
The bottom line is that I'm excited about the work that the Univ of Jena
is doing and hope that we can work together with them on it.  I'm 100%
behind their effort.

David

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.

http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/

RE: JSR-286 Early Draft 1 available for review

Posted by "David H. DeWolf" <dd...@apache.org>.

Posted by Craig Doremus <cd...@apache.org>.
Hi David: