Posted to marketing@couchdb.apache.org by Katharina Jockenhöfer <ka...@thehoodiefirm.com> on 2015/05/28 18:27:16 UTC

[BLOG] The CouchDB Weekly News, May 28, is out!

Hi everyone,

this week's CouchDB Weekly News is out: http://blog.couchdb.org/2015/05/28/couchdb-weekly-news-may-28-2015/ <http://blog.couchdb.org/2015/05/28/couchdb-weekly-news-may-28-2015/>
Topics:
- the great marketing efforts at CouchDB and a plugin proposal
- releases in the CouchDB and PouchDB universe
- use cases, jobs and a lot of time to relax!

Thanks for submitting news!

Please help us promote the Weekly News here:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/CouchDB/507603582605204?ref=hl <https://www.facebook.com/pages/CouchDB/507603582605204?ref=hl>
https://twitter.com/CouchDB/status/603957799501045762 <https://twitter.com/CouchDB/status/603957799501045762>
https://www.reddit.com/r/CouchDB/comments/37lytt/couchdb_weekly_news_may_28_2015/ <https://www.reddit.com/r/CouchDB/comments/37lytt/couchdb_weekly_news_may_28_2015/>
https://plus.google.com/+CouchDB/posts/gqPFLectbSu
https://www.linkedin.com/company/apache-couchdb <https://www.linkedin.com/company/apache-couchdb>

Feel welcome to share the link in the social networks you use to help us
promote CouchDB.

Thank a lot for your support.
Katharina

Re: [BLOG] The CouchDB Weekly News, May 28, is out!

Posted by Jan Lehnardt <ja...@apache.org>.
> On 28 May 2015, at 20:40, Giovanni Lenzi <g....@smileupps.com> wrote:
>
> What???
>
> Sorry, there is really no arbitrage to do! We weren't really not aware of
> this problem, and that you were using it some time ago.. We really can't
> know all past use of the word couch...We will change it as soon as
> possible, if this is a problem!!
>
> We released CouchOS as open source, we aren't selling it in any way. It
> contains a modified version of json-editor. Both on our github and CouchOS
> homepage there are links and credits to you ermouth. You were also the
> first to propose to modify it, and we even talked about a better version
> last week... so now? what has changed? really can't understand!!
>
> I'm very sorry if you are no more happy that your opensource code gets
> modified. We could eventually replace it, it won't be a problem of course.
> We really would like to contribute to a supportive and friendly
> community... but let me say it: it's VERY VERY difficult if everything is a
> problem!!!

The only problem is is using the Couch* namespace. We’ve been through this.

There are tons of names possible out there. There are even still some seating
furniture related names unclaimed.

Again, nobody tries to discourage anyone from writing good code for the
community.

We are also working on a more formal policy that makes it easier to follow
our guidelines.

Best
Jan

Posted by Harald Kisch <ha...@gmail.com>.
I agree, only together there is a possiblilty to accomplish what everybody
keeps talking about and I love to see that couchapps have a new OS
environment. Maybe there is a way for all of us to contribute to something
really awesome..

The most exciting things come up if we retrospect, look on all parts, take
all chances and love what we are doing without focusing things wo don't
like.

harald

Posted by Johs Ensby <jo...@b2w.com>.
Dear /^.ouch.{2}$/ community,

Posted by ermouth <er...@gmail.com>.

Posted by ermouth <er...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for arbitrage. No more letters.

ermouth

Posted by Jan Lehnardt <ja...@apache.org>.

Posted by Giovanni Lenzi <g....@smileupps.com>.

--
Giovanni Lenzi
www.smileupps.com

Re: [BLOG] The CouchDB Weekly News, May 28, is out!

Posted by ermouth <er...@gmail.com>.
>  You were also the first to propose to modify it

I looked at the code more carefully and see you modified version, that has
my copyright under it and was not ever mentioned as open-sourced.

Also that version has enormous number of issues, it was just a proof of
concept – and you propose it as a ready-to-use tool. It‘s not.

ermouth

Posted by Giovanni Lenzi <g....@smileupps.com>.
What???

Posted by Jan Lehnardt <ja...@apache.org>.