Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Tim Frosh <ti...@yahoo.com> on 2007/05/09 08:30:36 UTC

sendPrintFromScreen problem

Hi all,
 I  try to print pdf with sendPrintFromScreen service, but the sendPrintFromScreen service cannot find my windows shared printer (from another local pc) with given printer name. When i looked at the code (OutputServices.java:165) i found this comments:
            //PrintService[] services = PrintServiceLookup.lookupPrintServices(psInFormat, psaset); // TODO: selecting the printer by URI seems to not work
            PrintService[] services = PrintServiceLookup.lookupPrintServices(psInFormat, null);
Do someone knows what is the reason for not finding the printer and is it related to this comments ?
 How can i solve this problem ?

Any help or advice is greatly appreciated!
Tim

http://mail.yahoo.com

Re: sendPrintFromScreen problem

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ti...@sastau.it>.
Right now you have to configure the printer in the box in which OFBiz is
running and use that name (the printer can of course be a a lan printer
phisically connected to a different box).

Jacopo