Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Christian Hufgard <ch...@gmx.de> on 2004/01/07 10:37:06 UTC

Whitespaces can mess up commons-logging.properties

Hi,

I am sending this mail to the log4j user list, also it might be interesting
for the developers also. So hopefully one of them reads this, too :)

Yesterday I tried to make struts (1.1) use log4j to print out its debug
messages and I found pretty quickly a page describing how to get it work. It was
also sayed, that it would me more clever to use log4j via commons-logging to
be more flexible.
I created the commons-logging.properties file the way it was described on
the page but did a little "mistake": I had added some whitespaces at the end of
the line ( __ shall show where they were):

org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory=org.apache.commons.logging.impl.Log4jFactory__

This resulted in a ClassNotFoundException and it cost me some time to find
this. I removed these blanks and everything worked fine.
Today I downloaded the latest commons-logging.jar from the apache-page and
found this bug fixed. Will the new commons-logging.jar be integrated in the
next release of struts? Or are there any other patches available?

cheers,

 Christian Hufgard