Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Zia-ul-Hassan Zia <zi...@rmit.edu.au> on 2006/08/28 02:08:11 UTC

[users@httpd] Apache's standard htaccess & LDAP authentication

Hi All,

We are having some problem using Apache's  htacess for a folder  and
together with  LDAP authentication module for another website
hosted on the same web server running Apache-1.3.32 with PHP,
Mysql,SSL.

Some information about web server as follows
webserver:zia# httpd  -v
Server version: Apache/1.3.32 (Unix)
Server built:   Nov  1 2004 14:06:03

webserver:zia# httpd -l
Compiled-in modules:
  http_core.c
  mod_env.c
  mod_log_config.c
  mod_mime.c
  mod_negotiation.c
  mod_status.c
  mod_include.c
  mod_autoindex.c
  mod_dir.c
  mod_cgi.c
  mod_asis.c
  mod_imap.c
  mod_actions.c
  mod_userdir.c
  mod_alias.c
  mod_access.c
  mod_auth.c
  mod_so.c
  mod_setenvif.c
  mod_ssl.c
suexec: disabled; invalid wrapper /usr/local/apache/bin/suexec

I added the following LDAP module for Apcache

Source for v3.11 [For Apache 1.3.x, 2.0.x, 2.2.x]
File:  mm_mod_auth_ldap3.11.tar.gz
Size:  700572 bytes
MD5 Checksum:  656be0e6c76f2c00916c4b1b08e56169
Last updated:  May-29-2006

which was  downloaded from
http://muquit.com/muquit/software/mod_auth_ldap/mod_auth_ldap.html.

After I compiled and installed  above module for  Apache-13.32 running
on SPARC Solaris9 Apache webserver, some of the websites with Apache's
standard htaccess directive (hosted virtually on this webserver) stopped
working . Then we rolled back httpd.conf to the point just before  LDAP
module addition. i.e.
commented out the following line in httpd.conf

LoadModule mm_auth_ldap_module libexec/mm_mod_auth_ldap.so

Here is LDAP configuration in httpd.conf

              <Directory "/web/wiki">
                    Options  FollowSymLinks Indexes
                    AllowOverride AuthConfig
                    AllowOverride None
                    Order allow,deny
                    Allow from all
                    AuthName     "Wiki LDAP Authentication (RMIT Novell
eDir name/password)"
                    AuthType      Basic
                    AuthLDAPAuthoritative On
                    LDAP_Server  xxxxxx.rmit.edu.au
                    LDAP_Port    389
                    Base_DN      o=rmit
                    UID_Attr     cn
                    Satisfy      All
                    Require      valid-user
              </Directory>

and the website with Apache's htaccess start working. Can someone
please point out if there are any issues using LDAP and Apache's
standard htaccess together? If not then why did this problem occur? Any
help is highly appreciated please.

TIA,

Zia-ul-Hassan