Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Kumaraswamy nandipati <ku...@ecomzera.com> on 2009/08/03 20:40:59 UTC

Re: Question about product and options (or features or configurations)

Cimballi.,
if *table *is virtual product, create 2 variant products like *
table-standard-color* and *table-green-color, *with different prices with
"Selectable" option for ProductFeatureApplType .

If you want to define this as configuration,
*table *as product,
create add-on(configuration) as color and it consists of variant colors and
each has its own price. Then, customer will enter into check out page with
standard product or with color if he selected any add-on in the product
product.

I hope this will solve your problem

On Mon, Jun 29, 2009 at 9:07 PM, Cimballi <ci...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Continuing with my tests, I am now able to create an order for a
> product with selectable features.
> But there is something I am not able to do, I would like to be able to
> order a product on which you can add optional features, for example :
> - the customer can order a table, with no options, which means standard
> color
> - the customer can oder a table with a specific color by selecting it,
> and having to pay an extra cost
>
> I tried to use ProductFeatureApplType - Optional, but then in the
> ordering I cannot select the options.
>
> Is there a way to do that ?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Cimballi

Kumaraswamy.N
91-9866805250.

Re: Question about product and options (or features or configurations)

Posted by Cimballi <ci...@cimballi.net>.
Hi Kumaraswamy,

Thanks for your answer, in facts finally we use virtual products with
selectable features. The only inconvenient of this solution is that we
had to create a "no feature" feature because a user must select one to
order a product.

Cimballi