Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by bib <bi...@database59.ch> on 2002/02/14 18:32:11 UTC

Is there a way to set TDK for use from sun's forte for java

Dear all,
I do not know if i ask at the right place. Maybe i would better have put
this
message on the Tomcat 4 mailing list...
Anyway, I would like to know if there is a way to set TDK for using it
from
the "forte 3.x for java CE" ide ? And, if yes, how to do it ?
Many thanks in advance for your help.
Kindest regards
Bertrand Habib

Re: Is there a way to set TDK for use from sun's forte for java

Posted by Bertrand Habib <bi...@database59.ch>.
Jason,
Many thanks for your answer. The reason because I wendt to 'forte for
java' was the
availability of JDBC, which seems not to be the case of NetBeans. No
much time
(and enough experiences) to hack arround by myself, sothat I will switch
next to
Jbuilder in order to make my station a bit more Turbine compatible :-)
Kindest regards
Bertrand Habib

Posted by Jason van Zyl <jv...@zenplex.com>.
On 2/14/02 12:32 PM, "bib" <bi...@database59.ch> wrote:

> Dear all,
> I do not know if i ask at the right place. Maybe i would better have put
> this
> message on the Tomcat 4 mailing list...
> Anyway, I would like to know if there is a way to set TDK for using it
> from
> the "forte 3.x for java CE" ide ? And, if yes, how to do it ?
> Many thanks in advance for your help.

I honestly don't know. We are trying to lean out the TDK at the moment and
I'm hoping what the final result will be is a set of operations in the form
of beans that can be wrapped with adapters so the operations can be run from
the command-line (using the bob mcwhirter's cli in the commons-sandbox),
from Ant, and from IDEs. I've been looking at the way the AspectJ tools
where they have core functionality and have made that set of functionality
available in many IDEs. I would like to eventually have the TDKs features
available for use from Jbuilder (what I'm using now) and some of the other
IDEs like Eclipse and Netbeans. I will actually probably steal all the
aspectj ideas but as yet I have never tried using the TDK with netbeans.

> Kindest regards
> Bertrand Habib

jvz.

Jason van Zyl