Posted to xsp-dev@xml.apache.org by xml cocoon <co...@hotmail.com> on 2002/02/19 17:50:49 UTC

XSP files inside another xsp file

Hi All,

     I have the functionality in such a way that I need to use these in
every xsp page.

    For example :- sidenav, top nav bar of a web page are contants in  every
xsp page and dynamic... My content is also some components which will be
reused (like graph & details, etc)... All the components are populated with
dynamic content/data.

    So I wanted to create separate xsp's & xsl's for each
components/functionality  and reuse them in every other(home-page or search
page, print preview, etc) xsp page...

   I  cannot use frames.... and also I donot want to make one huge xsp page
with all the functionality and dynamic content :-)

So what are the different ways to go and are there any examples

thanks in advance
Sasanka

Re: XSP files inside another xsp file

Posted by Nicola Ken Barozzi <ba...@nicolaken.com>.
>      I have the functionality in such a way that I need to use these in
> every xsp page.
>
>     For example :- sidenav, top nav bar of a web page are contants in
every
> xsp page and dynamic... My content is also some components which will be
> reused (like graph & details, etc)... All the components are populated
with
> dynamic content/data.
>
>     So I wanted to create separate xsp's & xsl's for each
> components/functionality  and reuse them in every other(home-page or
search
> page, print preview, etc) xsp page...
>
>    I  cannot use frames.... and also I donot want to make one huge xsp
page
> with all the functionality and dynamic content :-)
>
> So what are the different ways to go and are there any examples

What you need is some form of aggregation.
It can be done by the sitemap with the "aggregate" tag or in XSPs, with
inclusion.
There are examples of this in the Cocoon2 webapp demo pages, and in the
sitemap of the documentation.

You can find lots of information also in the mailing list archives of
cocoon-users on aggregation and include.

--
Nicola Ken Barozzi                 krysalis.org@nicolaken.com
            - verba volant, scripta manent -

Re: XSP files inside another xsp file

Posted by Giuseppe Di Pierri <pi...@arpage.ch>.
Sasanka,

one way to solve this problem is to organize all common functionalities in
one or more logicsheets. These will become a sort of Markup libraries for
all XSPs that need it. This is also a good way to rationalize your XSP's
functionalities and reduce the java code in XSP (enhancing readability).

Hope it helps you.

Cheers,

pino