Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org> on 2012/10/16 16:12:12 UTC

New wiki page: Graduation Infrastructure Changes

A new wiki page.  I created it now because I needed the URL for a blog
post.  But is is only a placeholder now.

I'm hoping we can track items similar to how we did during the
migration from Sun to Apache infrastructure, and keep the status of
the migration up-to-date here:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Graduation+Infrastructure+Changes

-Regards,

-Rob

Re: New wiki page: Graduation Infrastructure Changes

Posted by jan iversen <ja...@gmail.com>.
I would happily help with the web site editing parts (line 3-4 and 6-7.

You could mail me a zip file with the pages and I can return them pretty
quickly, since it is what I call a SROE job (search and replace with open
eyes).

JanI

Posted by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org>.
On Wed, Oct 17, 2012 at 12:58 PM, Kay Schenk <ka...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 10/17/2012 08:53 AM, Rob Weir wrote:
>>
>> On Tue, Oct 16, 2012 at 10:12 AM, Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> A new wiki page.  I created it now because I needed the URL for a blog
>>> post.  But is is only a placeholder now.
>>>
>>> I'm hoping we can track items similar to how we did during the
>>> migration from Sun to Apache infrastructure, and keep the status of
>>> the migration up-to-date here:
>>>

>>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Graduation+Infrastructure+Changes
>>>

>> I've added some items to the wiki page:
>>

>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Graduation+Infrastructure+Changes
>>
>> Volunteers are welcome.
>>
>> Some items might require coordination.  For example, website updates
>> and SVN tree migration.  What would happen if I checked out our
>> current ooo-site, spent a day updating email addresses, etc., and
>> before I checked it in the SVN tree was moved to a higher level part
>> of the tree, one that I had not checked out?  (e.g, I check out
>> A/B/C/D and then someone else moves D to A/B/D.  Can my changes be
>> merged?).  If this is an issue, then we'll need to agree on how we
>> stage these activities.
>>
>> -Rob
>

> I was assuming that we could do SOME items, i.e. web site(s) changes when
> the final vote is taken, and when we get verification of graduation. So,
> references to "incubating" on sites could be changed.
> This would pertain to items  #3 and #4 on the list which I think could be
> done first.
> (Maybe we should verify this with someone but I've seen TLP web sites that
> still reference "incubator" in the site name.)
>
> The other items, yes, need quite a bit of coordination and communication
> among ourselves and infrastructure.

I see some other items listed here:
http://incubator.apache.org/guides/graduation.html#project-first-steps

It also mentions the "svn switch" command, which I was not aware of.
That looks like it would take care of the SVN question I had.

-Rob

Posted by Kay Schenk <ka...@gmail.com>.

On 10/17/2012 08:53 AM, Rob Weir wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 16, 2012 at 10:12 AM, Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org> wrote:
>> A new wiki page.  I created it now because I needed the URL for a blog
>> post.  But is is only a placeholder now.
>>
>> I'm hoping we can track items similar to how we did during the
>> migration from Sun to Apache infrastructure, and keep the status of
>> the migration up-to-date here:
>>
>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Graduation+Infrastructure+Changes
>>

> I've added some items to the wiki page:
>
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Graduation+Infrastructure+Changes
>
> Volunteers are welcome.
>
> Some items might require coordination.  For example, website updates
> and SVN tree migration.  What would happen if I checked out our
> current ooo-site, spent a day updating email addresses, etc., and
> before I checked it in the SVN tree was moved to a higher level part
> of the tree, one that I had not checked out?  (e.g, I check out
> A/B/C/D and then someone else moves D to A/B/D.  Can my changes be
> merged?).  If this is an issue, then we'll need to agree on how we
> stage these activities.
>
> -Rob

I was assuming that we could do SOME items, i.e. web site(s) changes
when the final vote is taken, and when we get verification of
graduation. So, references to "incubating" on sites could be changed.
This would pertain to items  #3 and #4 on the list which I think could
be done first.
(Maybe we should verify this with someone but I've seen TLP web sites
that still reference "incubator" in the site name.)

The other items, yes, need quite a bit of coordination and communication
among ourselves and infrastructure.

I'll edit this wiki page when I get a chance later today.

>> -Regards,
>>
>> -Rob

MzK

  dealt with a cat."
                                -- Robert Heinlein

Re: New wiki page: Graduation Infrastructure Changes

Posted by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org>.