Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by "sangeetha.subramanian@gtnexus.com" <sa...@gtnexus.com> on 2014/09/25 09:50:40 UTC

Help needed in Indexing and Search on xml content

Hi Team,

I am a newbie to SOLR. I have got search fields stored in a xml file which is stored in MSSQL. I want to index on the content of the xml file in SOLR. We need to provide search based on the fields present in the XML file.

The reason why we are storing the input details as XML file is , the users will be able to add custom input fields on their own with values. Storing these custom fields as columns in MSSQL seems to be not an optimal solution. So we thought of putting it in XML file and store that file in RDBMS.
But I am not sure on how we can index the content of the file to make search better. I believe this can be done by ExtractingRequestHandler.

Could someone help me on how we can implement this/ direct me to some pages which could be of help to me ?

Thanks
Sangeetha

Re: Help needed in Indexing and Search on xml content

Posted by Aman Tandon <am...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

You can retrieve the data in xml format aswell in JSON.

You need to learn about schema.xml, in this you define your fields which is
present in your xml, on which fields you want to search,etc

So it would be better to take a look at schema.xml, solr sample schema
could clear.most of doubts.

Posted by PeriS <pe...@htcinc.com>.
Hi Sangeetha,

Posted by Alexandre Rafalovitch <ar...@gmail.com>.
Have a look at data import handler and you'll need to use nested entities.
That should get you at least a demo. Then you can decide whether that's
good enough.

Regards,
     Alex
On 25/09/2014 3:51 am, "sangeetha.subramanian@gtnexus.com" <