Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by Andrew McIntyre <mc...@gmail.com> on 2006/08/09 07:37:53 UTC

to-do list on website should go

This page on the Derby website:

http://db.apache.org/derby/DerbyToDo.html

is really badly out of date. I stumbled across it while looking at the
FAQ. I know everyone is very busy, but I'm thinking this page, and
references to it, should really be removed. Anyone who has outstanding
feature ideas on there should move them to JIRA.

Not like I have a whole lot of time, but maybe I'll find some time to
get rid of this page, since it's a slash-and-burn operation. Unless
someone else beats me to it, of course. :-)

I thought I'd give a little advance notice, though, since there are
definitely some worthwhile ideas on that page that aren't currently
represented in JIRA. Maybe we should move the items that aren't
already implemented or don't already have a JIRA issue to the wiki
until the necessary JIRA issues can be filed?

andrew

Re: to-do list on website should go

Posted by Rick Hillegas <Ri...@Sun.COM>.
Thanks, Andrew. I agree that this looks stale and that a wiki page would
be a better tool for tracking a wish list.

-Rick

Re: derby web site broken links (was Re: to-do list on website should go)

Posted by Myrna van Lunteren <m....@gmail.com>.
On 10/2/06, Jean T. Anderson <jt...@bristowhill.com> wrote:
> Andrew McIntyre wrote:
> > I'm very much in agreement with keeping broken links to a minimum. I
> > had done a good job of eliminating most of the broken links on the
> > website, but I see from Vadim's stats that the number of broken links
> > have shot back up:
> >
> > http://people.apache.org/~vgritsenko/stats/projects/derby.html
> >
> > And since I can't get to the error logs on ajax, I have no idea what
> > is causing them, although it happened around Sept. 1, whatever it was.
>
> The logs are getting copied to /x1/logarchive/www/ on people.apache.org.
>
> There are 47 broken links for September, all malformed:
>
>  /dbderby
>  /db/derby
>  /derbydb
>  /derby
>  /epi/derby
>  /apache.org/derby/manuals/tools/manuals/tuning/perf02.html
>  /indexes/projects/derby.html
>
> I don't see anything for us to fix on this round.
>
> Does anyone know what "epi" might be?
>
>  -jean

Maybe eclipse plug in? wild guess.
Myrna

Re: derby web site broken links (was Re: to-do list on website should go)

Posted by "Jean T. Anderson" <jt...@bristowhill.com>.
> On 10/2/06, Jean T. Anderson <jt...@bristowhill.com> wrote:
>> Andrew McIntyre wrote:
>> > I'm very much in agreement with keeping broken links to a minimum. I
>> > had done a good job of eliminating most of the broken links on the
>> > website, but I see from Vadim's stats that the number of broken links
>> > have shot back up:
>> >
>> > http://people.apache.org/~vgritsenko/stats/projects/derby.html
>> >
>> > And since I can't get to the error logs on ajax, I have no idea what
>> > is causing them, although it happened around Sept. 1, whatever it was.
>>
>> The logs are getting copied to /x1/logarchive/www/ on people.apache.org.
>>
>> There are 47 broken links for September
>
> Weird. Any idea why Vadim's stats show us getting thousands of broken
> links a day?

thousands *daily* now? I wasn't seeing thousands before. I'm at the
hackathon -- when you get to ApacheCon, let's take a closer look at it.
At the very least, it sounds like we could add more info to the derby web
site on how (and what) to monitor on  the derby web site.

 -jean

Re: derby web site broken links (was Re: to-do list on website should go)

Posted by Andrew McIntyre <mc...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Jean T. Anderson" <jt...@bristowhill.com>.

Re: Re: to-do list on website should go

Posted by Andrew McIntyre <mc...@gmail.com>.
On 9/8/06, Jean T. Anderson <jt...@bristowhill.com> wrote:

> also, would it be possible to put in a redirect from the old page to the
> wiki? It'd be nice to keep the broken links down ...

I'm very much in agreement with keeping broken links to a minimum. I
had done a good job of eliminating most of the broken links on the
website, but I see from Vadim's stats that the number of broken links
have shot back up:

http://people.apache.org/~vgritsenko/stats/projects/derby.html

And since I can't get to the error logs on ajax, I have no idea what
is causing them, although it happened around Sept. 1, whatever it was.

Anyway, a redirect is in place for DerbyToDo.html, and I've removed
the old page from the site tree.

Posted by "Jean T. Anderson" <jt...@bristowhill.com>.

Posted by Andrew McIntyre <mc...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Jean T. Anderson" <jt...@bristowhill.com>.