Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Jonesy <SP...@jonz.net.INVALID> on 2022/04/12 22:50:33 UTC

[users@httpd] Re: Unable to connect to Apache test website on LocalHost

On Tue, 12 Apr 2022 17:12:16 -0400, DiversityLink/Milt Spain wrote:

> Apache2.4 installed and operating on Widows 7. Test site is loaded at =
> C:\Apache24\htdocs\testsite.com. Site index is loaded in the =
> testsite.com folder as index (an htm file). Virtual Hosts is set up as:
>
><VirtualHost *:80>
>    =20
>     ServerAdmin adm@example.com
>     DocumentRoot"C:Apache24/htdocs/"
>     ServerName testsite.com
                 ^^^^^^^^^^^^
What I do:

      ServerName testsite.tst

In /etc/hosts:

192.168.0.17    www.testsite.tst testsite.tst

In my case(s) the testsite.tst matches up with my production
testsite.com (or .net , .org , etc.) which is hosted elsewhere.

HTH
Jonesy
--
  Marvin L Jones    | Marvin      | W3DHJ.net  | linux
   38.238N 104.547W |  @ jonz.net | Jonesy     |  FreeBSD