Posted to dev@shardingsphere.apache.org by Juan Pan <pa...@apache.org> on 2019/11/22 07:30:37 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Release Apache ShardingSphere(incubating) 4.0.0-RC3

Hi all,

We are glad to announce the release of Apache ShardingSphere(incubating) 4.0.0-RC3. Once again I would like to express my thanks to your help.

ShardingSphere is an open-source ecosystem consisted of a set of distributed database middleware solutions, including 2 independent products, Sharding-JDBC & Sharding-Proxy.
They both provide functions of data sharding, distributed transaction and database orchestration, applicable in a variety of situations such as Java isomorphism, heterogeneous language.

Sharding-JDBC defines itself as a lightweight Java framework that provides extra service at Java JDBC layer.  It can be considered as an enhanced JDBC driver, which is fully compatible with JDBC and all kinds of ORM frameworks.

Sharding-Proxy defines itself as a transparent database proxy, providing a database server that encapsulates database binary protocol to support heterogeneous languages.

Download Links: https://shardingsphere.apache.org/document/current/en/downloads/

Release Notes: https://github.com/apache/incubator-shardingsphere/blob/dev/RELEASE-NOTES.md

Website: https://shardingsphere.apache.org/

ShardingSphere Resources:
- Issue: https://github.com/apache/incubator-shardingsphere/issues/
- Documents: https://shardingsphere.apache.org/document/current/

=====
*Disclaimer*

Apache ShardingSphere (incubating) is an effort undergoing incubation at The Apache Software Foundation (ASF), sponsored by the Apache Incubator PMC.
Incubation is required of all newly accepted projects until a further review indicates that the infrastructure,
communications, and decision making process have stabilized in a manner consistent with other successful ASF projects.
While incubation status is not necessarily a reflection of the completeness or stability of the code,
it does indicate that the project has yet to be fully endorsed by the ASF.

 Juan Pan

panjuan@apache.org
Juan Pan(Trista), Apache ShardingSphere