Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Karunakar Chatla <ka...@cybage.com> on 2005/08/23 17:52:28 UTC

Errors on updating a filein ClearCase.

Hi,

I have following script in my build file.

<!-- Update build history file -->
 <target name="BuildHistory" ><!--depends="Build" -->
  <echo message="Updating build history file..." />

  <!-- check out the build history file -->
  <cccheckout viewpath="D:\kchatla\testview\kchatla_view2\AdminCC\data\build\buildHistory"
        reserved="true"
        nowarn="true"
        comment="Updating build histiory"
  failonerr="true"/>

  <!-- Update the contents of the file -->
  <concat destfile="D:\kchatla\testview\kchatla_view2\AdminCC\data\build\buildHistory" force="true" eol="dos" >
  Build.Date=${Now.Date}
  Release.Version=${product.version}
  Build.Number=${build.number}
  Components=ALL
  Description=Full build, building all the components
  Build.Type=${build.type}
  Configspec=${soft.labels.path}\${configspec-win}
  Build.Label=${label.type}
  Build.Requester=${build.requester}
  </concat>

  <!-- Check in when done with the changes -->
  <cccheckin viewpath="D:\kchatla\testview\kchatla_view2\AdminCC\data\build\buildHistory"
        comment="Build history updated"
        nowarn="true"
        identical="true"
  failonerr="true"/>
 </target>

I am able to checkout the file update it and check it in. but it is giving following errors and the file is being hijacked.

cleartool: Error: size of "D:\kchatla\testview\kchatla_view2\AdminCC\data\build\buildHistory" is 322, expected 332.
cleartool: Warning: This is a "msdos" text mode view.  Is the VOB element's text mode information correct?
cleartool: Error: Errors were encountered in loading "\AdminCC\data\build\buildHistory".
cleartool: Warning: VOB updated, but failure updating snapshot view to reflect checkin of "D:\kchatla\testview\kchatla_view2\AdminCC\data\build\buildHistory": error detected by ClearCase subsystem.

Any suggestions for avoiding this situation??

Thanks,
Karunakar Chatla

Re: Errors on updating a filein ClearCase.

Posted by "Alexey N. Solofnenko" <A....@mdl.com>.
I do not understand what ClearCase is complaining about, but I would
suggest using transparent views. With transparent views ClearCase does
not mangle files. The problem is that everybody should use the same kind
of views, otherwise you can get empty lines inserted after each line in
the text files.

- Alexey.