Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com> on 2018/05/13 14:05:12 UTC

Mp opentracing?

Hi guys

Anyone started to have a look to opentracing spec? Im using brave ATM and
would be interested to move to a G/MP flavor if not too limited in its
current spec.

If noone looked, anyone against a geronimo-opentracing repo we can play
with?

Re: Mp opentracing?

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
requested the repo:
https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=geronimo-opentracing.git

Have fun ;)

BTW, do we want to include opentracing in the repo as well - I think so
since mp spec does pretty much nothing otherwise.
My idea was to start by firing a CDI even with the thing to log and if no
observer we just log it in a particular logger, otherwise we let the
observer handle it the way the app wants. This way we don't need a
particular SPI and we can integrate with logging, kafka or any other
specific backend quite easily.

Wdyt?

Romain Manni-Bucau

Re: Mp opentracing?