Posted to dev@openmeetings.apache.org by Rene' Rosenbaum <re...@meecoda.de> on 2013/03/12 14:39:03 UTC

Browser-Caching issue

Dear all,
while developing, I have a pretty annoying problem with caching by
either the build system or the browser. What I'm currently doing is
Flash development via OpenLaszlo. I came across the problem while trying
to change a resource / an icon. What I did was just to replace the
source image by another image. Then, I shutdown red5 and built the
project using "-compile.flash". Then, I restarted red5 and reloaded the
web browser (Chrome) currently showing some OM page. Logged in again to
OM just to found out that the icon stayed the same.

What I already tried:
- full re-build via "dist" option
- Clearing browser cache (via Chromes tools sub menue)
- Clearing cache via Flash menue

This all didn't work! First thought it was my fault, but deploying,
building, and displaying exactly the same sources/code on another system
shows the new icon image.
Now I'm pretty much stuck and don't know what to do. Problem has to be
solved to meaningfully develop. This must be a common problem (oh yeah,
forgot to mention: I'm developing under Windows) and solved by someone
before. How you guys are dealing with caching while developing
OpenLaszlo code?
Any help is highly appreciated!!!
Cheers,
Rene'
--

~~~~~~~
*Dr.-Ing. Rene' Rosenbaum

Re: [SPAM] Re: [SPAM] Re: Browser-Caching issue

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
I use the following technique:
1) close all OM tabs in selected browser
2) select "Ctrl+Shift+Del"
3) select Empty all cache
4) restart browser
5) while reloading page with OM I'm using Shift+Reload

not sure what else can be done :(
All above usually is sufficient

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Re: [SPAM] Re: [SPAM] Re: Browser-Caching issue

Posted by Rene' Rosenbaum <re...@meecoda.de>.
Dear Maxim,

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.

--