Posted to dev@samza.apache.org by Karthik Sriram <am...@gmail.com> on 2014/12/15 23:43:59 UTC

Custom Metrics Reporter

Hi,
 I'm a newbie to samza, and am trying to write my own MetricsReporter. My
requirement is very similar to that of the provided
SnapshotMetricsReporter, except that I want to send the metrics directly to
a custom metrics reporting tool that I use instead of a Stream. I'm finding
that somehow all TaskInstance level metrics aren't being reported in my
reporter even though they register. Ex. Kv store level metrics and
window-calls etc are all always 0. My custom task specific Counters I
register also don't seem to register with my custom Reporter, but
SamzaContainer and SystemProducer level metrics do appear. To debug, I
tried running both the SnapshotMetricsReporter and my CustomMetricsReporter
simultaneously and find that SnapshotMetricsReporter reports all metrics
correctly. Can someone please help me identify what may be going on?

Thanks,
Karthik

Re: Custom Metrics Reporter

Posted by Chris Riccomini <cr...@linkedin.com.INVALID>.
Hey Karthik,

Given that the snapshot reporter is correctly reporting all metrics, it
sounds like there might be a bug in your reporter. Could you post your
code on a github gist (or similar), so we can take a look?

Cheers,
Chris