Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Rafael Fonseca <rs...@gmail.com> on 2015/06/23 23:05:41 UTC

Re: [cloudstack] findbugs: move assert to a place where it still makes sense (#515)

IMO, asserts should be completely removed in most classes.
It's mostly used in early development stages and ACS has been production
grade for quite some time.
The assert statement won't even run on production, because it's disabled by
default in the JVM in production runtime, and we're of course not enabling
those when JVM starts... even if we did, it would just kill the JVM, which
is only something useful in very limited scenarios, which is not the case
for ACS.. proper way is always check and properly handle, not throw an
assert that would kill the JVM.
Just my .02c