Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by Bert Van Kets <be...@vankets.com> on 2002/07/12 21:42:59 UTC

Re: [status] Forrest website awaiting to be updated in a few hours

At 17:38 12/07/2002 +0200, you wrote:
>Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
>
>>Cool, the xml-site tab is a nice hack ;-)
>
>yep, I decided to leave those pages in - they still depend on our own copy
>of the sources however - but once we get the remote building up & running
>and we get agreement for the new skin, that'll soon be solved
>
>>BTW, the pages look quite different on IE6 and on Mozilla...
>>Basically the problem is that in Mozilla the menu on the left is too big.
>
>same here (and I know Bert is fairly busy ATM)

I am, but I feel responsible for this, so I must solve it.  The problem is
probably CSS related.  I'll check it out this weekend.  If I commit the
change will the cron job take the change to the live site?
If I find the time I'll check out the tab path problem too.

Bert

P.S. My current jobs:
1. getting acquainted with the SAP Enterprise Portal at Interbrew
2. finishing my Cocoon based CMS and getting the next Cocoon job started
3. creating a big offer for a site for a big city (10,000 pages)
4. promoting my search engine optimization course
5. getting the first outlines ready of my cocoon course
6. trying to keep my wife happy because she feels neglected (this is the
toughest one ;-))

Posted by Steven Noels <st...@outerthought.org>.
Bert Van Kets wrote:

> I am, but I feel responsible for this, so I must solve it.  The problem
> is probably CSS related.  I'll check it out this weekend.  If I commit
> the change will the cron job take the change to the live site?
> If I find the time I'll check out the tab path problem too.

Nope, alas :-(

You need to (cvs) check-in the html result of building our docs into the
xml-site/targets/forrest module/directory, and that is copied every 6
hours to the live site - this is to prevent that everybody needs access
to daedalus to update the website

see attached mail from Sam Ruby, who is maintaining that script

so if you manage to get your grips on the xml-site module (to which you
have commit access, I've just checked CVSROOT/avail), you should be able
to do the site update yourself (and 'enjoy' the old-fashioned way of
updating apache.org websites ;-)

I've spend more than an hour to commit everything needed for the
upgrade, so you're warned ;-)

be careful also not to mess up other project's websites in the process

> P.S. My current jobs:
> 1. getting acquainted with the SAP Enterprise Portal at Interbrew
> 2. finishing my Cocoon based CMS and getting the next Cocoon job started
> 3. creating a big offer for a site for a big city (10,000 pages)
> 4. promoting my search engine optimization course
> 5. getting the first outlines ready of my cocoon course
> 6. trying to keep my wife happy because she feels neglected (this is the
> toughest one ;-))

uh - what can I say? ;-))

regards,

</Steven>