Posted to ojb-user@db.apache.org by Da...@Equifax.com on 2002/12/10 19:31:12 UTC

ClassCastException with 0.9.7

Earlier today I mentioned that after moving from 0.9.4 to 0.9.7 I
encountered a class cast exception. This occurs when retrieving a specific
object rather than a list from the DB. So, there is no problem retrieving
all instances of Project class, but a ClassCastException when retrieving
Project where oid = XXX.

I traced this using the same database with the same objects, and retrieving
the same object in both cases.

Using 0.9.4 I get into StatementManager#bindStatementValue which makes a
call to OraclePreparedStatement#setObject, passing an index of 1, and a
value of java.lang.Integer containing 10012.

Using 0.9.7 I get into PlatformDefaultImpl#setObjectForStatement which
makes a call to OraclePreparedStatement#setObject, passing an index of 1, a
value of java.lang.Integer containing 10012, and a sqlType of -5 (BIGINT).
Of course, I am unable to step into this call, but stepping over it results
in the ClassCastException being thrown. Notice that the only difference
between this and the 0.9.4 flow is that the sqlType is also passed into
setObject.

I don't know how to tell what 'version' of classes12.zip I have, but
looking in the zip file, all files have a timestamp of 11/9/2000.

Can anyone shed any light on this. Seems if I've run across a bug in OJB,
it would have been brought up (and fixed)before this, since this is a
pretty critical problem that would prevent 0.9.7 from being widely used. So
is my classes12 outdated?

I need a clue how to get passed this.
TIA,
Dave Derry

This message contains information from Equifax Inc. which may be
confidential and privileged.  If you are not an intended recipient, please
refrain from any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this
information and note that such actions are prohibited.  If you have
received this transmission in error, please notify by e-mail
postmaster@equifax.com.