Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Gemes Tibor <ge...@regens.hu> on 2002/08/14 08:38:33 UTC

Re: release 1.1-b2 depends on commons-digester-1.2

2002. augusztus 13. 17:40 dátummal Craig R. McClanahan ezt írtad:
> No.  The beta2 release of Struts comes with the version of Digester it
> depends on (which is essentially equal to 1.2), as it does with every
> other JAR file.  It will *not* work with older versions of any of them.

Yes, although the src release comes with no commons jar at all :)

Actually I had a problem with the digester 1.2 release, so I stucked w/ the
older one. But -thanks god- my new project runs well with the digester 1.2,
so I could upgrade. At least for this project.

Tib

Re: release 1.1-b2 depends on commons-digester-1.2

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.

On Wed, 14 Aug 2002, Gemes Tibor wrote:

> Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 08:38:33 +0200
> From: Gemes Tibor <ge...@regens.hu>
> Subject: Re: release 1.1-b2 depends on commons-digester-1.2
>
> 2002. augusztus 13. 17:40 dátummal Craig R. McClanahan ezt írtad:
> > No.  The beta2 release of Struts comes with the version of Digester it
> > depends on (which is essentially equal to 1.2), as it does with every
> > other JAR file.  It will *not* work with older versions of any of them.
>
> Yes, although the src release comes with no commons jar at all :)
>
> Actually I had a problem with the digester 1.2 release, so I stucked w/ the
> older one. But -thanks god- my new project runs well with the digester 1.2,
> so I could upgrade. At least for this project.

You'll notice that many of the underlying Commons projects just went
through a release cycle, with code that (almost exactly) matches what was
built in to Struts 1.1-b2.  (If you want the *exact* code, use CVS and
pull tag "STRUTS_1_1_B2" on each of the packages).  You can grab binaries,
(with Javadocs) and sources for BeanUtils 1.4, DBCP 1.0, Digester 1.3,
Logging 1.0.1, and Pool 1.0.1).

  http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/components.html

> Tib

Craig