Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Derek Hohls <DH...@csir.co.za> on 2007/06/22 08:58:20 UTC

Re: [cforms]How to get rid of attributes about namespace declcaration in html serializer?

The transform step Niels refers to is in the FAQ:
http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/faq/faq-xslt.html#faq-N10075
"How can I remove namespaces from my xml files?"

>>> Niels van Kampenhout <n....@hippo.nl> 2007/06/22 08:46:53
AM >>>

Hi,

xmlns:bu="http://apache.org/cocoon/browser-update/1.0
>  <http://apache.org/cocoon/browser-update/1.0>"
language="text/javascript">

> I doubt the browser will no execute the script with such extra xmlns:
attributes. This seems it is html serializer's problem.

> I use cocoon-view to see the result of serialize. There is no such
xsmlns: stuff?

> Any clue?

If you have an XSLT transformation in your pipeline before the
serializer, you can get rid of the namespace prefixes using an
@exclude-result-prefixes attribute in your xsl:stylesheet element.

Otherwise add an extra transformer before the serializer which strips
the namespaces. This is easiest with XSLT, fastest in terms of
performance is writing a small customs transformer for it.

Regards,
Niels

views of the CSIR.

CSIR E-mail Legal Notice