Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Al...@sita.aero on 2007/02/16 01:37:19 UTC

sshexec waiting

I'm using the sshexec task to run weblogic startup scripts in Linux. These
startup scripts in turn run java programs in background mode using & at
the end of the command. The sshexec task isn't exiting because it's
waiting for these background processes to exit. Is there any way I can get
the task to exit without waiting for these background processes. These
processes need to keep running. I know about the timeout attribute I can
use with the sshexec task but that's not really a solution.

I'm using ANT 1.6.5 running in a Windows 2003/XP environment.

Alex Raguero
CM Analyst, SITA
Tel: +1 604 453 1060
Fax: + 1 604 431 8107
Mobile (or cell) + 1 604 723 7252
E-mail: alex.raguero@sita.aero

This document is strictly confidential and intended only for use by the addressee unless otherwise stated.  If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately and delete it from your system.

Re: sshexec waiting

Posted by Antoine Levy-Lambert <an...@gmx.de>.
Hello Alex,

this is more a UNIX shell scripting question than an ant question.

Use nohup to start your servers on the UNIX side.

So write a wrapup script designed to be invoked by ssh, which does
something like nohup sh  start_server.sh

Best regards,

Antoine