Posted to user@poi.apache.org by elgreenro <gh...@gmail.com> on 2020/03/27 16:32:55 UTC

getCellType() always returns 0 (Numeric)

Hello dear community!

I have a problem. When I read an xls file with apache POI, I always recive
from  getCellType() the value 0. That is incorrect. I have other types of
data inserted in sheet. And I don't really understand why this is happening.

This is what my logger say everytime it parse a cell. Like everytime.
Type = 0

Does anyone know or have a clue why is this happening?

Thx

Re: getCellType() always returns 0 (Numeric)

Posted by Dominik Stadler <do...@gmx.at>.
Hi,

can you share a sample file and some more code-snippet how you try to load
and access the file?

Dominik.