Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Adam Hardy <ah...@cyberspaceroad.com> on 2003/07/24 13:11:36 UTC

model - controller interface

I'm just about to write all the factory classes in tomcat (to connect
via JDBC to the DB) for the updates and other CRUD my app will do.

I am going to write methods for my actions to call, with a parameter for
each item of data on the objects to be updated, e.g.:

treeHuggerFactory.update(id, name, treeId, huggyId, expireDate, isHopeless);

Then it occurred to me there might be a more intelligent OO design
approach, especially since I want to change from using JDBC to EJB at
some point. Should I be wrapping the object up in a bean and just
passing the bean around, instead of listing all the properties?

I'm thinking of the ease of maintenance in the future when things change
as well.

Anybody got any advice?

Thanks
Adam