Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Chris Richmond <cr...@referentia.com> on 2008/04/25 21:10:40 UTC

weird phantom services being created

Hello all,

I have a very, very strange problem:

I have  few services

JobService

*	cancelJob
*	getJobs
*	submitShortJob
*	getContexts
*	getOutputTypes
*	extractResults
*	getJobStatus
*	submitJob

UsersService

*	createUser
*	getUser
*	deleteUser
*	updateUser
*	getUsers

On my server and I can see them by looking at
http://shippo:8080/axis2/services/listServices and see all the usual things,
but something really strange happens.  After my services have been running
for a while and have been accessed then duplicates of those services with
strange numbers attached start showing up.

For instance, I looked at the URL above this morning and now have:

JobsService which has all the same methods above but now I strangely now
also have another service called :

Jobs20306499

*	GetJobs
*	GetJobTypes
*	ExecuteQuickJob
*	SubmitJob
*	GetQueues
*	GetJobStatus
*	CancelJob
*	SubmitExtractJob

As I have stated before..my service is a POJO service which is merely a
wrapper to an ADB axis2 client to another(.net) web service. (Each of my
POJO methods basically instantiates an ADB client I had generated against
the outide service WSDL and transforms/passes the appropriate paramaters
along.handles the response and transforms/passes the results back out of my
pojo service response). And this new phantom service that has shown up has
the exact same method names as the "JOBS" service which my service in turn
calls from my POJO service.  So it seems like some how the Axis2 stack is
creating services on the fly on my server based on the ADB clients it uses
to call the third part service or something bizarre like that.

Does anyone have any ideas whatsoever on what is going on?  Either with this
specifically or with creating a wrapper service as I have.  This should be
completely possible in my opinion to have a wrapper service like this where
it accepts calls and forms calls to another service using ADB client on that
other services wsdl, but is there something I am missing.  My service still
also crashes after 10 or so consecutive calls, so perhaps there is some
weird synchronization issue having to do with my Pojo classes which handle
incoming calls and using Axis2 components at the same time they instantiate
ADB client classes that I generated against the 3rd party service?

If I don't get this figured out, I am pretty much out of luck with Axis2 as
a solution..

Thanks,

Chris